Where do you keep your horse?

Where Do you keep your horse (s)

• Total voters

Kezzabell2

Visit site
private yard 1 mile from home! the other half is about to be rented out to another lady with 4 horses! but it will be totally separate! love it at the moment!!

skint1

Visit site
I have one horse that lives on a farm where we have sole use of a yard/stables and field, it is very run down now as it is shortly to be built on

I have 2 others that live on DIY livery yard, again a working farm but a bit more maintained.

In both cases, overall I am very fortunate

AmieeT

Visit site
Other (I'd say)

Small DIY yard- YO and family he lives with plus me and 2 others keep horses there- is essentially their back garden that happens to have a barn. It used to be a farm.

Ax

lelly

Visit site
In relatives paddock just up the road. Take care of everything myself along with help from my hubby occasionally. Put my own field shelter in and its so handy. I would love a place with a paddock out the back though. Just so I could look out the window and see they're ok.

NZJenny

Visit site
Other - I rent a paddock from a local farmer. The property had horses on it in the 1960's and was set up for racing. The tack room is still usable (mine), but all of the stables and covered yards are full of "stuff". The elderly owner is a terrible hoarder. I also keep my 4WD and float there.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Livery yard, but it's a private home - four minutes from my house and only two liveries with loads of family living on-site . . . I LOVE it.

P

moana

Visit site
I am lucky enough to own my own land, but it is two miles away from my home. My partner used to keep his horse on a livery yard - never again we will we use a livery yard. I used a livery yard before purchasing my own land, it was very very small and pretty good.

DW Team

Visit site
Livery yard 2 miles from home. We moved house to be closer to the yard. Got fed up of doing the 17 miles each way twice a day. Gained 2 hours a day in not having to drive 30 minutes each was.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
At home, I wouldn't go back to a livery yard for a lottery win - and after one disastrous experience, I will never have any-one else's horse on our yard.

Fii

Visit site
We rent one 9 1/2 acre field and graze common land in the village, and two small paddocks and an old small farm yard around 2 1/2 miles away. So other i suppose!