Where do you look for loan horses?

Sprig

Visit site
I am after a loan horse to do some endurance and RC things. Where might be a good place to look? Currently looked on Horsemart, Horsequest, Preloved, NFED and EGB website. I also assume that local tack shops would be good but have not made it out to any yet. We are near Devizes, Wilts if that makes any difference.

Annagain

Visit site
There are quite a few local facebook groups for this sort of thing so may be worth searching for "horses for sale or loan in Wiltshire" or something similar on there or asking any horsey firends if they know of anything on there.

I'd also contact your local riding clubs to see if they know of anything. I'm chair of mine and know of a few, but a bit far away from you!

_GG_

Visit site
Put adverts in West Wilts, Wadswick & Countrywide on the notice boards (or in the book at CW).

Also, put a wanted ad on Wiltshire Horse Riders facebook group page.

xgemmax

Visit site
I found my loan horse on Equineadverts.co.uk. I have also advertised on facebook groups and preloved with some interest so they might be worth a shot as well :)

Sprig

Visit site
Great, thanks everyone. I am only tentatively looking at the moment so will probably not do a wanted ad yet but will definitely see what is out there. Pip - I did not realise that the local pages had separate classifieds so thanks for that.