Where do you put your phone?

ecb89

Visit site
While out hacking? The weather was beautiful here in Essex yesterday, hacked out with just a polo top on. My high viz tabard doesn't have a pocket big enough for my I phone 6 plus, so I had to leave it at the yard, would rather have had it on me.
Any recommendations for high viz with big pockets? Or other ideas?

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Depending on weather, either in hi-viz pocket or in summer I have a running bum bag - called an 'audio' belt (they also come in hi viz!).
The latter has a thin pocket wide enough to jamb my phone in, occasionally I also pop horsebox key in too if away from home.

Micropony

Visit site
You can buy lightweight hi vis with sensible sized pockets. I think mine is equisafety and there's plenty of room for phone, keys, collapsible hoof pick and a couple of horse treats.

Tangaroo

Visit site
I have a very small pay as you go phone just for riding.. Its one of the indestructible ones so if i fall off it wont break and i either put it in my jods pocket or one of those original phone holders you strap to your arm

scats

Visit site
I bought a belt strap with 2 pockets, so it fits like a bumbag but is invisible under a top. Pocket fits phone in it perfectly. It was someone on Facebook selling them I think, I really could do with another one actually.

horselady

Visit site
sometimes in my bra but sometimes just wedged under the pommel. Maybe a little foolhardy but hasn't fallen out yet.

AFB

Visit site
Eskadron have just started making a phone holder that clips around you - not sure on the size for a 6+ though, but worth a look?

Nudibranch

Visit site
Jacket pocket, one of those armband holders, or you could use a bumbag. Fits fine below my bp. And I make sure my phone is a sensible size.

tashcat

Visit site
I have the 'polite/police' style equisaftey tab and can fit my iphone 6 in them. They're a great hi-vis vest, and I really recommend!

A little side note about slipping a phone into your boot - a friend was cantering across a common when her horse sadly had a heart attack and fell sideways. He trapped her leg with his weight and she couldn't call for help because her phone was in her boot. I know this is possible wherever you put your phone, but if you are able to keep it somewhere from your torso up, such as in a hi-vis pocket that might minimise the risk.

Edited to add - have you thought of buying a really cheap nokia and put £10 of credit on it - then it will be smaller and fit better and you're also not risking breaking your iPhone!

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
If I have no zipped pockets suitable then I utilize my bra. However I discovered that my pixel isn't overly secure in one bra that I happened to be wearing yesterday so had to borrow my friends pocket in her gilet :D

I used to have a saddle pad that had pockets in either side but it had extra padding that I don't need so can't use, I have yet to find one without the saddle padding. But to be fair, I've not looked recently :D

Annagain

Visit site
sometimes in my bra but sometimes just wedged under the pommel. Maybe a little foolhardy but hasn't fallen out yet.

The phone falling out isn't the only issue. What if you fall off and the horse legs it with your phone?

I have a 6 and I can just about squeeze it into my Aldi jods pocket. Deliberately didn't get a 6+ for this very reason.

Bernster

Visit site
Arm band holder - fits my iPhone 6 nicely. Can't use it that easily whilst riding but I can get to if if needed in emergencies.

ozpoz

Visit site

I would be more worried about the impact on back /withers from a mobile placed in an area which has been hopefully fitted to your horse!
The bra is a much better idea horselady. : )

turkana

Visit site
I wear cycling tops as well - they have a usefull pocket in the back.

If I'm not wearing a cycling top I put my phone in a running belt, I've just ordered a new one from Amazon this morning, as I have got a new phone which doesn't fit in my old belt.

ecb89

Visit site
Lots of replies! Thanks everyone! I don't think my phone would fit in my sports bra! I'm already a 30FF would worry about it getting bounced out when my 5 year old ID takes offence to a bit of blossom hitting his nose 😂
Will have a look at running bags.
I'm so used a to big phone, I don't think I could swap to a smaller one