Where does your dog sleep at night?

frankie7

Visit site
Chimo sleeps in the porch downstairs and the pussy cats sleep on the bed with us! woke up with one on my face this morning.....

Lill

Visit site
OH's dog used to sleep in bed with him (under the duvet with bum in OH's face - NICE) and OH used to come up in a rash, funnily enough he doesn't now as i can't stand having said dog in or on bed so he has to sleep on his bed on the floor now and OH no longer has a rash - think that may have been from sleeping in dog hair no?!

katelarge

Visit site
Old male greyhound sleeps on a sheepskin rug by the bed - we have one each side of the bed and he often starts off on my side and then migrates over to Ian's side at some point only known to him! Our new greyhound rescue bitch either takes the other sheepskin or takes herself off to the study, next to the bedroom, where there are two more beds. Am thinking that as she's always been in a kenenel, she quite liked the novelty of being able to sleep alone if she likes. Either that or we all smell...

Suzibn

Visit site
Caismum,
Oh bless you for taking in rescued greyhounds. We had one as well, and he was in terrible condition and 8 years old when we got him. He had broken his pelvis at some time in the past and had not had it fixed, thus he walked holding one foot off the floor. But my husband spent hours with his healing hands (I kid you not, he can heal anything with four legs) and in about 5 weeks, our Bryn was running on the beach using all four feet. Now I don't want to go all spiritual here, as it may have been the message that helped, but he lived another 3 years and had to finally be put down when he stopped eating and said Mum and Dad,it's time....
Greyhounds make wonderful pets as you know and far too many of them are killed each year. You've saved some lives there girl! Be proud of yourself, and I don't care if you smell or not!
Love ya
Suzi

Cop-Pop

Visit site
Either on the bed or on my shoes next to the bed! We did try shutting him in the kitchen at night but in our new house the kitchen is so small it's not fair on him, plus he gets jealous of the cats.
smile.gif

steadyteddy

Visit site
My two bullmastiffs are happiest sleeping downstairs in their huge bed next to the front door, so they can protect us from any potential intruders!

rcm_73

Visit site
Roxxi sleeps in the kitchen on her vet bed, can't have any other type of bed as she will destroy it within hours. Would never let her on my bed...too big and stinky!!

vizzielover

Visit site
Nova(Vizsla) sleeps on my bed and has done since she was 6 weeks old, now almost 15 yrs. For one month only she slept on my GSP's (Russ) bed when he died then she came back onto my bed. Tally(Vizsla) sleeps on what used to be Russ' bed and sometimes on the spare bed, don't like her on my bed as she is inclined to be a bit bossy with Nova. Teddy, my little crossbreed sleeps under my bed and the big lump, Cody (Dobe) sleeps in his own big bed downstairs in the kitchen, next to the radiator.

Annie&Amy

Visit site
In bed under the duvet, very good as a hot water bottle!! Although she is a little bony being a whippetx. Generally all you can see of her is a foot and nose pointing out of bottom of bed, you have to pull the duvet off her in the morning to get her up. SO CUTE!! xx