Where have the Olympic XC tickets gone??!!

pootler

Visit site
I was reading another forum and people were saying the tickets they think they have. A number of them have tickets for the eventing SJ etc but not one person (despite applying) has XC tickets. At first glance it struck me as statistically unlikely for so many people not to have been allocated XC tickets.

Do you think you have managed to get some, could there be less allocated than stated, where have they all gone??

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
According to this weeks H&H they have cut back on the number of tickets for XC and have reduced the amount of spectators...biggest heap of c*ap if you ask me. I had a funny feeling that Britain having the games would be a farce, it's not the only sport that i've heard ticket stories about. Pa!

RuthnMeg

Visit site
Jumping in here, to say I ONLY applied for 2 x XC tickets, 1 at adult price and 1 at OAP price. Total to spend including P+P = £77.
On 31st May, JUST before midnight, I had £77 deducted from my account under ''Olympic Ticketing'' (or words to that effect). I have not had an email to confirm.
I am assuming therefore that I have got what I applied for, and when the tickets get sent, I will get them. BUT, due to not having an email confirmation I am a bit unsure what to do now!!

Shazzababs

Visit site
I don't think I got any, unless the money was taken after 31st May. I applied for the Eventing XC and the Kur in the Dressage.

I know its been said before, and it will probably be said again but why,why,why didn't put the equestrian at Windsor. Its no further out than the Canoeing is, already has the facilities and the shots of the Castle etc would have been great on the telly.

tibby

Visit site
I only applied for two xc tickets, the money went from my account on May 31st, therefore I must have got my tickets.

Lynz25

Visit site
I've got xc tickets, one full price and one OAP. Applied for SJ / 3DE final and pentalthon final and I just got the xc. Know plenty of people that have not had anything at all. Although money is still coming out. A friend had olympic money out only 2 days ago, not sure how much / what events for

mtj

Visit site
I also missed out on UK XC tickets. Waiting to hear if I have managed to get some of the Danish allocation.

Bottom line is that the XC was in the top five for demand, along with opening and closing ceremonies and mens 100m. In that context, its hardly surprising that many of us were not lucky enough to get these tickets.

According to this weeks H+H, it sounds as though more XC tickets may be released after crowd analysis is done at the test event.

Foxy53

Visit site
Didn't get anything :(

Not sure about putting the XC at Windsor but a new equestrian SJ/XC/Dress/Drivng/Vaulting etc etc venue entirely, north Kent/south Essex/ Herts/Home Counties would have been a legacy for equestrians for a long, long time. Shame this opportunity has gone for good :(

SilkySullivan

Visit site
Nope, I didn't get any XC tickets either - had put in for 4 adults :(

Really gutted as decided not to put in for SJ too as wouldn't have had enough money for them to deduct in case I got them all - now I realise that was wishful thinking lol

Fingers crossed more are released and we'll all get another chance for them!

Bustalot

Visit site
yes, i wondered the same thing. I realise the HHO forum is not the whole of horsey britain. But there were a lot of people saying they did not get the XC tickets. Also on HHO main website their weekly question was about the Olympic tickets and only about 20% got any tickets at all. The rest either didn't get any or didn't apply and both were roughly even on 40% each. So did wonder where all the tickets were going. I applied for XC and final SJ. But didn't get any. Did wonder if they were holding more back for other countries to try and get the tourism and money back into london. As SilkySulivan says - lets hope they release more.

blackislegirl

Visit site
To my amazement London 2012 money was taken from my bank account overnight! So I either have two XC or two 3DE SJ - can't tell which and don't really mind - at least we're in. Looks like I may have benefited from someone who was allocated tickets but whose bank account couldn't deliver the money. I really was not expecting such luck at the last minute!

Zirach

Visit site
I have got 2 x XC tickets! Well at least they were the only tickets I had ordered and I received an insufficient funds email last week stating that I had to have the money in by 4th June. 4th June I have a VISA transaction on my statement for the right amount so it looks like all is well.

I am soooo chuffed!

Rambo

Visit site
It's a bit naughty if they're still taking money now having said all monies would be taken by last week sometime. I have re-allocated (spent!) The money I had put aside for tickets I didn't get originally....

KrujaaLass

Visit site
I had been checking my bank account and nothing was really disappointed. Then got my credit card statement today and I have been debited £66. Was looking at wrong account. I applied for dressage and XC. What I can fathom out is £6 for postage. 1X£20 2x£16 and child of 6 and child of 2. Its a shamne because the 2 year old could sit on a lap and free up a seat, but we had to have a ticket for him. so think I have got some dressage tickets. Really chuffed now

dilmil123

Visit site
I am one of the very lucky ones, applied for 6 xc day tickets and got them. Didn't apply for anything else at all.

The money wasn't applied for until 2nd June though.

avthechav

Visit site
3 XC tickets for us!!!!:D. I want to know where all the others are though? So many people havent got any tickets despite applying for £100's pounds worth!:confused:

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I've been having great fun spending the money I've "saved" on tickets, flights to England, car hire and incidentals - on training with my fave dressage bloke :D At this rate I may even be IN the Olympics in 2016 :D:D:D