Where in the World are you reading this from?

La Fiaba

hosteldog.blogspot.com
Some really interesting places people live! I'm in Tuscany, came over for a 'year out' and never went home, everyone is welcome to come & visit btw :D

Happy St. Patricks day & Happy Birthday Italy (150 years old today)

sunshine19

Visit site
Have you been to see the Cadre Noir? I live near Saumur also but unfortantely have never been to see them, although I would love to!!

Not been yet! I still keep rubber necking at all the young cavalry men while walking through Saumur, the Cadre Noir might just push me over the edge! :D

Only been here a year, still renovating our house. Hope to get out and about soon, I am very familiar with Bricoman and Bricomarche though, lol! :D

jokadoka

Visit site
I live in the West of France with my French husband, but we often go to the East of France as thats where he originates from (near Metz).

Metz isn't far from here, well relatively speaking....
Missing Old Blighty very much tho...

LazyS

Visit site
Although having lived for most of my life in the UK, I am Dutch born, but now live in Alsace,France with my yorkshire husband who works in Germany!

Thanks everyone for the replies - am impressed.

Jokadoka - My stallion came from near Alsace when he was a weanling did you know the Peyres Appaloosas? (think the village was Peyrelongue?) - they have now moved the stud further down France. I didn't go to see him but I believe the stud was on the Swiss/Germany/French borders. And it was on the side of a hill (cos he has two legs shorter than the other two - only joking - seen many photos). His present field is on the side of a hill so he feels quite at home, though gave up speaking French to him ages ago!

Fairynuff

Visit site
origanally form Stirlingshire but been back in Italy (north west) for 21 years. I actually dream and think in Italian and find it hard to have a conversation in English! I even talk to my very 'English' horse in Italian :(.

Mrs B

Visit site
From somewhere about as English as you can get: an old, Hornton stone cottage in an Oxfordshire village, with roses over the front door and wood smoke rising from the chimney...:)

Murphy88

Visit site
Scone,NSW,Australia.

I am visiting scone in October this year, doing 2 weeks placement at Scone Equine Hospital.

My current location is completely unexotic - I alternate between Neston, Cheshire where I am at uni, and shropshire.

imr

Visit site
Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Have lived here for 2 years and brought my horse with me. Before that I lived in Moscow for about 8 months. But I'm coming home this summer - YAYYYY!!!!

Jaffa1

New User
Visit site
Outside of a little village called Ravenshoe in the Atherton Tablelands. I'm 2hrs west of Cairns up the mountain range in tropical Far North Queensland, Australia

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Not my question i know but ive been and its a beautiful place, the kind of place you wish you could put your horse is forever.
they have AUTO hay feeders, AUTO poop cleaners, auto food feeders, everything is auto! even the riders; they're so good that it looks unreal!

i am a chinese, born in singapore, now living in Paris/Chantilly (horse city!) France.

Ooh! Where in Chantilly are you?

I have friends there :D

trakehnersrock!

Visit site
English, living in Brussels, Belgium;
Re the Cadre Noir, when they were in Brussels a couple of years ago, my daughter was lucky enough to get the chance to ride warm-up for them :)

Rollin

Visit site
Quite a few of us in France. I am in Maine et Loire on hour from Cadre Noir, Saumur and 30mins from Lion D'Angers.

We bought this farm after it was advertised in H&H, came to visit friends, saw it advertised, first visit on Saturday, again on Tuesday made an offer , moved in 6 months later and lived here alone for 3 years while my husband continued to work in Scotland and commute.