Where should I advertise a dressage horse?

KRjumpjump

Visit site
This is not an advertisement - just wondering if any dressage riders knew the best place to sell a dressage horse. I've only delt with showjumpers before, so advertised on fb groups like BSJA etc. I've already put him on the BD fb group, but is there anywhere else on fb? Or any websites that dressage riders specifically go on that don't cost the earth but still get a lot of traffic? I know you can sell on the BD website, but does that really get a lot of hits?
Thanks, Katryn!

ChestnutTinker

Visit site
I can only recommend horsemart but i'm sure there's dressage savvy sites out there - I just don't know them :p
For some reason I read your name as KPEquine (as in Katie Price :eek: ) Definitely need my eyes testing! haha :D

kc100

Visit site
Horsequest always seems to be the place for competition horses - not that I can afford any of the horses on there!

Horsemart is another good one - it is not specific to dressage but I think it gets a lot of hits.

KRjumpjump

Visit site
I've had him on horsequest for 3 weeks and only had 2 queries through there. Cost over £40 to advertise and he dissapeared off the top pages quickly so was a real waste of money, hence why I'm trying to be more careful this time! I was aiming him for showjumping then to be fair, but I don't want to pay another £40+ quid to get him to the top of the dressage page!

oldie48

Visit site
I'm currently looking for a small safe dressage horse and look at the BD website every day. Also looking in H&H and Horsequest. Problem with Horsequest is the search facility which i don't think is brilliant.

oldie48

Visit site
I'd go for BD website - but and this is only hearsay I'm told the horses are overvalued on it.

Yes, most of them are but I think everyone expects a decent discount off the price in the current market. I think it's worth saying realistically priced for the current market or people think it looks too cheap and there must be a reason.

Wheels

Visit site
what level has he competed to? Affiliated or unaffiliated

this would determine for me whether to go on horsequest / horse deals / horsemart

KRjumpjump

Visit site
Thanks, I think I will put him on BD then.
I am selling him as a dressage horse Dabdab, but I am a showjumper and have jumped him for the last 4 years. Was originally trying to sell him for jumping but because he is spooky with water trays and some fillers he needs a competent rider, and the interest I've had has been from youngsters wanting a first horse which is not the home I want for him! He moves exceptionally well and we have done some dressage, hence why I am now advertising for dressage as he will be much happier not having to jump spooky fillers!

Wheels

Visit site
ah so he's not really a 'dressage' horse as such?? just that he'd prefer to do dressage??

I would put him on horsemart as an all rounder unless he has recent good dressage competition results

KRjumpjump

Visit site
No, he has been dressage trained and done some shows with me. He is capable of doing a medium test with a proper rider, just needs to be refocused back on dressage!
He is a real dressage prospect, but as I am not a dressage rider I was just confused about where to market him.
Thanks for the advice everyone.

lucylockett

Visit site
Well we sold our Hannovarian through Horse Radar. Didn't bother with Horse Mart as it's all not the right type of horses shall we say!
Horse Quest we didn't get a call and it's v. expensive to advertise there.
Think we also got a call from the BD website but only did a 2 week advert on there.