where to advertise free to good home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
I thought this was real, I never spot trolls/scams. My husband says I'm naive but I just can't comprehend that a person would ever do something like this. So this really is a person taking horses on who aren't fit for use and then trying to sell them on, or at least get rid of them one way or another? Beggars belief but also sound like a lot of hassle. I wonder what they get out of it.

Money, possibly. Lame horses are cheap or free. I would imagine an unscrupulous person might bute a lame horse up and then sell it on as sound. The value of an apparently sound horse is obviously more than a lame horse.

christine48

Visit site
I thought this was real, I never spot trolls/scams. My husband says I'm naive but I just can't comprehend that a person would ever do something like this. So this really is a person taking horses on who aren't fit for use and then trying to sell them on, or at least get rid of them one way or another? Beggars belief but also sound like a lot of hassle. I wonder what they get out of it.

Me too, I thought it was a genuine thread.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
As said in another post by GG, there is a horse in the middle of all this who is not fit to ride, poor animal.
And he looks like an absolute sweetheart, too :(. Poor, poor horse. I hope that his previous owner, or indeed any responsible person, is able to take him back and do the decent thing by him. I dread to think what state he in at the moment.

MadBlackLab

Visit site
:) A couple of people in this thread have referred to the OP as Buddy'sMum - my user name - just wanted to point out that I'm nothing to do with these shenanigans!! And am now seriously considering changing my user name!

I think may be a good idea. Sorry I thought you were OP trying to duck out hence why confused. hope I've not caused offense

Arizahn

Visit site
:) A couple of people in this thread have referred to the OP as Buddy'sMum - my user name - just wanted to point out that I'm nothing to do with these shenanigans!! And am now seriously considering changing my user name!

Don't be daft, the rest of us just need to be more careful when we read/type! Why should you have to change your user name?

Anyhow, free to good home with option to take back and still pay for medication is essentially a loan, but with no actual control. Either loan him properly, get a sharer, or PTS. Given that he is in pain, I personally would consult the vet before deciding.

OP, free to good home is unlikely to end well, unless you know the person and they are happy to take on a horse that will probably be uninsurable. You need a price to put on insurance applications, and if gifted a horse, this is likely to be tricky. Plus his health issues.

The above is staying posted, as may be useful to someone. If the OP is indeed a dealer/troll, then please assume that I have instead said what I am now thinking. See below as to how angry I am likely to be. Can't be bothered trawling through all of the replies, am tired. And upset by much of the Olympia Baby thread.

Am cranky today, as cat woke me up at three am. By throwing up on my head. And then on my shoes. And the sofa...

Last edited:

abracadabra

Visit site
Don't be daft, the rest of us just need to be more careful when we read/type! Why should you have to change your user name?

It will become clear if you read through the last couple of pages again, suspect you might have missed some posts re: the OP :p

Much sympathy about the cat-sick! On your head? I feel sick myself just thinking about that.

Arizahn

Visit site
It will become clear if you read through the last couple of pages again, suspect you might have missed some posts re: the OP :p

Much sympathy about the cat-sick! On your head? I feel sick myself just thinking about that.

Already edited previous post. Still no reason that someone should have to change their user name. I certainly wouldn't.

Arizahn

Visit site
Regarding my cat, does anyone know how to get the smell of vomit out of your brain? I have washed my hair three times so far :(

He isn't ill, by the way. He just bolts his food and makes himself sick as he is a greedy little so and so! Vet has seen him and diagnosed him as gluttonous. When he isn't throwing up on me, he also enjoys terrifying the dogs by jumping on them whilst they sleep...

Arizahn

Visit site
And now he's trying to chew through yet another power cable for my tablet. Anyone want an evil minion? He comes with his own villainous glare, enjoys world domination, and will happily destroy anything that you enjoy owning.

<sobs and rocks in corner>

abracadabra

Visit site
ah, to be sure it's just a name, it'd bother me less than being mistaken for a dodgepot ;)

Sick, trying to think of skin safe things...bicarb made into a paste would probably work. Vinegar rinse might work but then you'd stink of vinegar. Better than sick though.

Haha and no, though you make him sound delightful, there's no room at the inn for an evil minion.

Arizahn

Visit site
ah, to be sure it's just a name, it'd bother me less than being mistaken for a dodgepot ;)

Sick, trying to think of skin safe things...bicarb made into a paste would probably work. Vinegar rinse might work but then you'd stink of vinegar. Better than sick though.

Haha and no, though you make him sound delightful, there's no room at the inn for an evil minion.

But he is supremely evil! And has curly whiskers and smelly breath and never, ever retracts his claws, so he makes a ticker tackering sound as he runs...

Status
Not open for further replies.