Where to buy a bridle for Sec A with very small head!

StarcatcherWilliam

Visit site
I bought a new bridle in pony size for my 11hh Sec A pony, but it was too big. I then bought a small pony / Shetland size - still massive!! Anyone know where I can get an even smaller bridle from? Thanks.

pearlygirl

Visit site
My section A had a tiny head too and most Shetland bridles were huge on her round the nose and throat lash. The only bridle I found that fit well was the Sabre small pony bridle. It was made a lot finer and in proportion for fine dainty heads.

Visit site
Don't know if they still do them but Derby House's own bridles are small for their size. The pony size only just fits my Shetland mare who has a nice neat head.

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
You would probably be best getting one made. It doesn't cost as much as you may think and if you show then you can get all the buckles where they look best. I took a bridle in to my local saddlery and got them to make one for my NF mares head. She was a mix of pony and cob sizes. I got a lovely english leather bridle for £65! (Admittedly it was about 8 years ago so costs made have increased but saves hassle of trying different makes)

WelshD

Visit site
I have the same problem with my fine section A

Best off the peg one I found was Ascot in the Shetland size, the cheek pieces are near the top hole but it does fit well

I also had some bridle parts made to measure by a chap on eBay who also sells completed ones, they are beautifully made and English leather. hopefully this link will work http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm?itemId=121274256406

Last edited:

StarcatcherWilliam

Visit site

Montyforever

Visit site
Feel your pain! I've ended up mixing and matching different bridle parts, the cheek pieces/throatlash are shires small pony, noseband is robinsons small pony and brow band is a pony sized!
Its functional but doesn't match :(
Once I've saved up enough ill get one made to measure i think!

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Have any of yours also got tiny little ears, shall also look up Fylde as my sec a has a small but broad head had trouble trying to find a head collar that would fit.

WelshD

Visit site
I use Eclipse small pony headcollars. KM Elite do loads of different sizes and are nice headcollars and English Bridles do a small pony leather headcollar that fits my sec A perfectly