Where to find a lease horse?

musk

Visit site
Just wondering if anyone knows how i would go about finding a lease horse/pony? I dont tend to see them advertised anywhere but I'm just not in a place where I want to buy.

I'm looking for a 14.2-15.2hh pony clubber, experienced schoolmaster, steady without being a kick along who would do a bit of everything and jump up to a metre sj and 90cm xc.,.

Also a 15.2hh-16.2hh for eventing but can be green, something a little speedy but brave. She loves riding ex racers. Although thinking if I'm paying for a lease I would want something that is worth leasing!

Is it worth just putting a Facebook advert up?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Are you in the UK? We don't have much of a lease market here, that tends to be reserved for to sports horses and show ponies.

Do you mean a loan?

musk

Visit site
I'm pretty well connected in the area I am in and have also put an ad into our own pony club looking for loans but have had no luck.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Eventing Uk Facebook always has a few

but for every lease horse is a lot of people looking for one!

toppedoff

Visit site
Is leasing and loaning different? I know lease is an American term for a loan but seeing the Morrigan Lease Ponies suggested above, I never knew that was a thing

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Is leasing and loaning different? I know lease is an American term for a loan but seeing the Morrigan Lease Ponies suggested above, I never knew that was a thing
Lease you are paying a fee for having the horse, loan you aren't.
Sometimes a stallion can be leased for the breeding season or a show pony for a season but not really seen for run of the mill animals.

Rusty Rider

Visit site
We have a 16h Anglo-Arab ex-racer which has evented to 1*, currently out on lease but will be available from September… The downside is she’s currently in South of France, but the mother keeps trying to ping her on me (she’s too small for me!) and send her over here so that could work 😅

toppedoff

Visit site
Lease you are paying a fee for having the horse, loan you aren't.
Sometimes a stallion can be leased for the breeding season or a show pony for a season but not really seen for run of the mill animals.
Thank you so much, that's really interesting!

musk

Visit site
We have a 16h Anglo-Arab ex-racer which has evented to 1*, currently out on lease but will be available from September… The downside is she’s currently in South of France, but the mother keeps trying to ping her on me (she’s too small for me!) and send her over here so that could work 😅

Oh she sounds like she may have been a great option but needing something for the summer unfortunately. Thanks for telling us about her though 🙂

SEL

Visit site
Do you have any well connected friends (physio, saddler fitter, farrier etc etc) who could put the feelers out for you. I know one person who has leased for her daughter but they are incredibly well connected and all have come word of mouth

musk

Visit site
Do you have any well connected friends (physio, saddler fitter, farrier etc etc) who could put the feelers out for you. I know one person who has leased for her daughter but they are incredibly well connected and all have come word of mouth
Yes we have had loans before through connections but just having no luck this time. I have mentioned we are looking to all horsey friends so everyone is keeping an eye out and some of them are super well connected. Will keep hopeful ☺️