Where to find a nice coloured foal? Recommendations please!

Patterdale

Visit site
I’m having a change from natives this year - looking for a coloured light/event type 2022 foal to make 14.2. Pref with a dash of Arab.

Any recommendations of studs very welcome please! I know where I am with natives but this is new territory for me.

daydreamer

Visit site
Not sure if she will have anything but Rosita Hamar at Hamar horses breeds Morgan/TB crosses, some of which are coloured. I know some of hers have gone on to do eventing and showing.

Millie-Rose

Visit site
Brackenspa stud in Lincs might have some by their lovely coloured sports pony Popenhoe Picture Perfect. It would be worth giving Sally a message as she might know of some of his who are for sale if she hasn't got any herself.

Bluewaves

Visit site
What type of horse cross do studs use to get the colour in? I didn't realise there was such a thing as deliberately breeding finer coloured horses (I am not very informed about horse breeds).

I'm used to seeing coloured cob type horses not these elegant creatures.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Well there must have been a heavier type way down the line as alot of the Arab coloureds are really high percentage like 90% plus and a lot the studs have these to put with the mares.