Where to find a share or riderless horse in Durham area?

Princess Jess

Visit site
Just wondering where best to look for someone looking for a sharer or rider for their horse in the Durham area?
I'm starting my second year studying law at Durham university and having spent the summer working at a showjumping and eventing yard in Ireland for a previous Olympic rider I'm desperate to continue riding or having some sort of horse contact but unfortunately don't have the funds to have my own horse or pay for a share/lessons.
I do have my own transport and am completely flexible, I'd be able to do whatever days and as many as the owner liked. And of course I'd be more than willing to help out with yard duties etc.

So was just wondering where best to look/advertise for such an arrangement? I'll be back up in Durham around the 23rd September so would be looking for something to begin around then. Any suggestions greatfully received!

pinklilly

Visit site
Have a look on the fb pages, there's south tyneside riders, northern neddies, county durham riders. I have seen some advertised but maybe stick a post or 2 up yourself.

I'm only familiar with Stanley, Consett and Lanchester areas but there's loads of yards around to where I am, so should be easy enough to find something suitable.

Tiffany

Visit site
Wish you were near me. There must be people out there who would like their horse exercising providing they can find a competent, reliable rider. I'd put an ad up in local tack shops and maybe on pre-loved

ann-jen

Visit site
I will shortly be looking for a sharer for one of mine, but would be looking for someone who could make a financial contribution realistically.

Princess Jess

Visit site
Have a look on the fb pages, there's south tyneside riders, northern neddies, county durham riders. I have seen some advertised but maybe stick a post or 2 up yourself.

I'm only familiar with Stanley, Consett and Lanchester areas but there's loads of yards around to where I am, so should be easy enough to find something suitable.

Thank you, that's great!

A friend is looking for a share for her horse (he is lovely), I can msg you the link if you're interested? He is DH8 area

I've actually found a horse to go and try but thank you, and if it doesn't work out I'll get back to you :)

I will shortly be looking for a sharer for one of mine, but would be looking for someone who could make a financial contribution realistically.

Yes quite a few shares require financial contribution which is completely understandable. Sadly with the cost of petrol I couldn't afford to pay for a share, but luckily there are plenty of people out there who just want help exercising their horses so there is hope! I hope you find someone :)

Capriole

Visit site
I had a notice up a good while back on the Riding Club Notice board in the Students' Union, got a bit of interest off it. No idea where the sports clubs boards are now but have a check of them.

telfs

Visit site
I know someone who is looking for help with her 3 year old to help with the backing and riding away process and then possibly long term help. No financial contribution necessary and the horse is on full livery so no yard chores (unless you wanted to). Lovely small yard near Stanley if you are interested? No set amount of days, you could come and go as you please. He's got a stunning nature and is no bother at all. Let me know if you'd be interested and I could give you her details.

HannahPatsy

Visit site
Hi there - I am looking for someone to help me out with my mare. She is 16.1hh, 10 year old, ISH. I am starting a course, as well as working full time, so will struggle to keep her in full work. She requires a confident rider to hack her out - she's not silly, just lacks confidence herself at times. She is schooling well and just started jumping again.. in the hope to event next year.

I am not looking for any money towards her keep, but just maybe some help towards chores as some days I won't be able to get down... Please PM me if you're interested. I can get in touch on fbook, and you will see some pictures :)

I keep her at a yard very close to Durham city centre

vickster

Visit site
Hi, I have 7 horses and am struggling to ride them al, as I work full time. I event some and compete connemaras in M&M classes. I am looking for someone reliable to help me ride and compete. I. In Seaham, postcode SR7 mob 07540246629 thanks Victoria

katastrophykat

Visit site
Hi Victoria! I have my own in Burdon village, but if you need an M&M rider, let me know! I'm missing M&M classes after my welshie has had a change of direction, and my baby hunter won't really be ready for 'proper' showing for another year or so :)

vickster

Visit site
Hi, are you still looking? I'm struggling to keep my eventers going over the winter and need a competent rider to help. Opportunity to compete. My number is 07540246629, Victoria