Where to find foal/yearling

Always-Riding

Visit site
I'm looking to buy a foal or yearling with good breeding and potential. The types I know I can't afford once older and backed.

I would like something a little different - palomino, spotted etc. to make 16.2hh+

But I have no idea where to look!! Ive Googled a few studs but they've all producing similar types.. so any suggestions/recommendations?

Alexart

Visit site
I think just keep trawling the for sale adds - something that catches your eye will turn up, there are so many gg's out there at the mo to choose from!! How about a nice black yearling TB X friesian if you're looking for something different - go on you know you want a black one!!!;) :D

Herts05

Visit site
Try Brackenspa Stud in Lincolnshire. Their website shows the horses they currently have for sale, some interesting colours and good breeding.
FYI, out of your price range and a little older than you want but they have a knabstrupper x warmblood by Sandro Hit who looks lovely in the flesh
They are only about 20 mins drive from Burghley House, so you could combine a visit to them with a visit to the horse trials in September

HBM1

Visit site
Also Chamfron Stud and Lynaire...be lucky to get one with such potential for that price as good breeding etc, takes a lot more than that to get them on the ground. Because of this, more breeders are hanging onto the good ones themselves to produce through.

kinskycookie

Visit site
Tunley equestrian nr Bath - mainly spotties. Tresaison stud, or Gassons Farm (Glos) breed dilutes and spotties, though I think most of theirs are sold already this year.

JLav

Visit site
I know of a dun yearling filly by a warmblood stallion out of a really nice ID/TB mare that's in North Devon. Thinks she's around that sort of money (might be £2.5k I can't remember exactly). Pm me if you want more details and I'll pass on the breeders details. I've just bought a gorgeous foal off her.

jfdi

Visit site
Chelworth Fields near Cirencester - usually have some lovely spotties (Stallions Dirks Orion and Orions Cinnabar) although this year they've had a couple of solid colours. But they do have a few spot colt and a chestnut & white blanket spot filly within your budget.

I'm not anything to do with them, but bought my yearling from there as a weanling - and am very happy with her! :)

whirlwindhorses

www.whirlwindhorses.co.uk
What fab horses in your sig whirlwind, I like the black belt, does it go all the way round?
No here is her other side

00aaDottyQQ1.JPG

Tickles

Visit site
OP, I know nothing about you so please feel free to disregard if this is totally irrelevant.

But if you have a relatively tight budget why are you looking at something to breed from? Very few people are making much money breeding/selling low-mid-level horses atm so you need to think about how you'll afford to care for more unwanted foals/if you'll mind them going for meat/through sales if you can't afford to wait until you get the price you want.

Obviously if you've thought this all through please do ignore - and happy horse shopping!