Where to find horses for sale in Northern Ireland?

Tori3610

Visit site
I'm looking for a horse after a year out of it and there seems to be nothing in Northern Ireland! The time of year probably doesn't help but I would like a horse by the end of January, although you can't rush these things. I've looked on DoneDeal (where I happened to stumble upon my previous horse), all the Facebook For Sale groups, every website I can find and there's just nothing! Is there anywhere I haven't tried? I'm wanting a baby to bring on, my budget is £1000 so you'd think it would be easy to find something 😅 any help would be greatly appreciated!

still standing

Visit site
Try 'Irish Horse Gateway' website. Some very nice horses on there, but £1000 is not much of a budget for a youngster with breeding and quality, tbh. Also 'Horses for Sale North & South Ireland' (Facebook page) if you haven't yet come across that one. - quite a mix on that one & plenty of youngsters.

only_me

Visit site
I think there’s quite a lot for sale in NI atm, that person who “rescues” TBs had quite a nice one in for £650. I’d be tempted to see it at least as it is young and looks well, haven’t seen any videos of it though. But alas I can’t afford time for another one lol

sportsmansB

Visit site
To be perfectly honest unless you want to take a chance on a TB out of racing or a complete project or an actual baby (like 2 or less) you might struggle to find anything over 13.2 advertised for that budget. Thats not to say that you can't pick them up, but usually its word of mouth ('such and such has been standing in the field doing nothing for 2+ years, its worth asking if they will sell' type ones) as people just don't think its worth putting the money into getting them going to get relatively little for them.
At that price you will be taking a chance either way. Done deal or approaching race trainers is still probably your best bet but some of them are chancy / hard work in the long run.
Don't mean to be a downer but thats just how it is - it costs most people more than £1000 to breed and keep a horse to 3yo.