Where to get a hunting whip?

wallyevent

Visit site
I want to get my OH a hunting whip for Christmas, any recommendations for what to go for?
Looking on ebay there are a lot of antique ones, would this be better than a new one?
Are there any rules re the lash length - I presume he will need a longer one on a gentlemans whip and riding a larger horse?

Thanks all!

lauraandjack

Visit site
Not sure exactly where in the West Midlands you are but there's a lady called Carole Cattle who runs a tack shop near Minsterley, I got my whip from her and she has literally a massive selection of all kinds of second hand whips.

Her website is www.secondhandsaddlery.co.uk - definitely worth going to see her if you are anywhere near as less risky than buying something like that off Ebay imo!

Fools Motto

Visit site
Not sure exactly where in the West Midlands you are but there's a lady called Carole Cattle who runs a tack shop near Minsterley, I got my whip from her and she has literally a massive selection of all kinds of second hand whips.

Her website is www.secondhandsaddlery.co.uk - definitely worth going to see her if you are anywhere near as less risky than buying something like that off Ebay imo!

Arhh, I sold several of my hunt crops to her. (I inherited them, but had no use).