Where to look for a plod in his early teens

Brandy

Visit site
I'm another one who will say that age shouldn't really be a deciding factor, as I have a 31 yr old TB that is still a handful, a 24 yr old little mare that has failed two loan homes as she is really not a childs ride, and a 10 yr old welsh that will never be a plod whatever age he makes!

However, a safe cob that is young WILL be expensive (coming from someone who tends not to pay for horses, they just seem to find me.....) and an older one ought to be cheaper.

I should stop looking as I keep seeing nice ponies for permenant loan that I would LOVE but i can't have 4!!

wench

Visit site
Tbh if the lady wants an older horse, I don't think she should be discouraged. There are probably loads of older horses desperate for someone to love them and go for a nice hack a few times a week!

juliette

Visit site
Hi there I have a 15 year old ploddy cob who I have owned for 3 years and love dearly. However, my ambitions are growing and he doesn't have the oomph to do what I am starting to ask from him at pleasure rides, however, for hacking he is great!

He is nearly 15h palamino and quite a dope on a rope. Great for my children to handle.

Slots in well with other horses, he has been companion to foals that need weaning as well as part of a herd. Quite happy as bottom of the herd!

If she sounds at all what you are looking for pm me. I would want to know what your turnout restrictions are as he does have a pollen allergy and likes full turnout in the summer.

I would be heart broken to part with him, but something about your post just keeps making me feel I should get in touch as I think he may be happier with a quieter life.