where to look for another mini shetland?

kerrieberry2

Visit site
I've looked in the obvious places, preloved, facebook groups but wonder if there is somewhere in the internet world that ive missed?

want a rideable mini for my little niece and to live with my current dude! thought I found the most perfect boy but the owner has gone quiet, think she's changed her mind, gutted!

STRIKER

Visit site
When i was searching for a shetland last week i couldnt believe there were so many on preloved, also look at ponys

ozpoz

Visit site
Hmph! I've been looking for a gelding for weeks now, that doesn't involve a 12hour or longer round trip.

texas

Visit site
Couldn't reply to this earlier as HHO isn't working one of my computers or my phone, grrr.

Anyway, I was going to say - try putting up a wanted ad, and don't necessarily limit yourself to a mini shetland.

I've a chunky Falabella X I should find a new home for really, I've just started lunging/long reining him and he's really quick to learn, I'm so pleased with him! However, I love him lots and am reluctant to put an ad up for him and deal with the timewasters, so have half heartedly just been browsing the wanted ads looking for something promising. So that's worth a go I'd say :)

Equi

Visit site
How long will you have it? You say it is for your niece, but she will grow out of it VERY fast. Also, one mistimed kick or accidental kick at a fly will kill a mini, i generally separate my miniatures from my large horse in summer as even he can kick at flies and he does not kick or extend his legs past his bottom. Also, not all horses will get on with minis, my old TB was terrified of them and would definitely have kicked one to death. Possibly better to get larger?

Last edited: