Where to put mirror in my trailer

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Brian my ridden horse is currently having issues travelling. Trailer is nearly new , I’m driving carefully, ( was over taken by a snail with foot rot, this evening) I think he is just sensitive and gets impatient to be off and home and anxious , as he is worst on way home. Weight limit means no other horse, in trailer, so he is going to have to get over this. I thought I’d give a mirror a go , can’t hurt and I was going to cover the window at the front so he is looking at himself. I then thought that maybe I should put it to the side , like another horse is travelling with him. Where has worked for other people.

canteron

Visit site
Are you travelling with a partition? If so try taking it out (as long as you have a full length Brest bar) and loosely cross tie.

Or if you have a hinged partition try move over to give the horse more room to spread his hind legs.

Giving them the option of finding their own balance can be like magic!

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Are you travelling with a partition? If so try taking it out (as long as you have a full length Brest bar) and loosely cross tie.

Or if you have a hinged partition try move over to give the horse more room to spread his hind legs.

Giving them the option of finding their own balance can be like magic!
I had been giving that thought.

Annagain

Visit site
You could also try putting him on the 'wrong' side. Archie's terrible on the right, perfect on the left. If he's on his own, I obviously adjust my driving to accommodate for the trailer being balanced differently, take corners and roundabouts very carefully and am very aware of the camber of the road.

Fransurrey

Visit site
My PSSM1 boy started to struggle travelling with the partition, but he is better with the full width bars. It also means that if weather is shite at the other end you have room to tack up in the trailer!