Where to sell old chassis cab?

miller

Visit site
Just swapped our horsebox body off our old reliable 1980 Bedford TL onto a (new to us and hopefully as reliable) 1995 MAN chassis.

Now I presumed the old Bedford wiould be a scrap man job BUT have been told by more than one person that they still sell well as they get refurbed and sent overseas.

Obvoiusly I'd like as much money as possible for it to tidy up the box on the new chassis but how they heck do I know what it's worth (no CAP book or Glasses Guide) and where woulsd I sell it?

It's still plated until end July and has been running perfectly every week

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
A friend of mine who has recently done the same swap over advertised the chassis cab on ebay and was amazed how much money they got for it. I can't remember the exact sum but I think they were only expecting a few quid and someone to take it away but they made far far more than that.

It's coming back to me a bit more, thinking about it. It actually raised so much money that they thought it was someone having a laugh and they weren't really expecting the buyer to turn up but no, along came a low loader at the time agreed, cash was counted out and their Bedford was driven off into the sunset.

miller

Visit site
Rang guy in H+H - he said he'd come have a look (not sure if anyone knows him) but will be in a couple of weeks - kept asking me how much I wanted but haven't got a clue what it's worth!

Will try VASS and another I've been told about in Newark

Jemima_too - typed you a huge PM and your PM box was full!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
OOOPS - I'm sorry! If you could bear to bash out some of it again I'm just off to clear some now!