Where to try sidesaddle (SE)?

becca_22

Visit site
Hi everyone,

A bit of a niche one this evening.
I really want to try Sidesaddle in the New Year, and I'm looking for a riding school (ideally Surrey, Sussex, Berkshire area, possibly a little further out) that offers lesson in sidesaddle. I don't have my own horse at the moment, nor do I have any immediate plans to get one, hence looking for a riding school that offers it!

I already know of Talland. Any other recommendations?

Thanks

JackInABox

Visit site
There aren't any riding schools that offer side saddle lessons in the South East. Talland is great for side saddle or there's Valley Farm near Ipswich or Knights of Middle England in Warwick. Everywhere else I know of is much further away.

becca_22

Visit site
There aren't any riding schools that offer side saddle lessons in the South East. Talland is great for side saddle or there's Valley Farm near Ipswich or Knights of Middle England in Warwick. Everywhere else I know of is much further away.

I was afraid you would say this!
Thanks to both of you anyway

asmp

Visit site
Lucinda Sims at Harroway Stables near Andover, Hampshire may be able to help you. She is a side saddle instructor but not sure if she has any horses you can have a lesson on at the moment.

Cloball

Visit site
If you combine it with a holiday Witherslack in the Lake District do lessons still I think ? the only other places know is even further north!

becca_22

Visit site
If you combine it with a holiday Witherslack in the Lake District do lessons still I think ? the only other places know is even further north!

Oooh I do love a holiday, and oddly enough I've never been to the Lake District so I'll definitely look into this for the future!

Highflinger

Visit site
I had a fabulous side saddle lesson with Jo Strange based in Hindhead a few years ago. I think she has a Facebook page.
Enjoy - I loved it!