where????

hihosilver

Visit site
are there any decent people who can ride up to a decent standard who want to loan/share a talented young horse- ready to affiliate and BE next spring. Free use of a horsebox as well! I must be doing something wrong as I have had only timewasters. Any ideas? don't really want to sell atm just don't have the time with recent bereavement. Where is the best place to advertise? thanks in advance x

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I think its really difficult as most people at that sort of level are already being paid to ride and compete on behalf of others! they might see it that you're looking for someone to improve your horse, so you can sell it at a profit in a year or two!

HaleysComet

New User
Visit site
Have you tried the British Eventing forum? Have seen many people on there asking for rides due to horse being injured or not having the funds! Can't remember which category off the top of my head! Generally get the impression they are riders that would be able to compete affiliated/already are! Good luck with the search!

hihosilver

Visit site
Have you tried the British Eventing forum? Have seen many people on there asking for rides due to horse being injured or not having the funds! Can't remember which category off the top of my head! Generally get the impression they are riders that would be able to compete affiliated/already are! Good luck with the search!

No haven't tried that- thanks will look into that x

sportsmansB

Visit site
Do u have a uni or college locally? A lot of students have to sell before Uni & really miss it
There is likely to be a r club or a BUCS team

Shay

Visit site
Have you thought about paying someone? As Kezzabell has said you are basically looking for someone who would already be paid to ride. Depends on where in the UK you are but you might find a local professional yard who would be glad to give apprentices the chance to get a started on their professional CV.

Equally as the BE season is now over might you have scope to turn away for the winter? Its a tough time 0f year to find someone to loan / share - regardless of what level you are looking at.

Otherwise how about the local pony club? If you have a large branch you might have some affiliated with the type of standard you are looking for. You may still have to pay them though!

oldie48

Visit site
This was my thought too. It's the end of the season so not an attractive time for someone to want to take over a ride. I'd turn away for the worst of the winter and bring back into work later on when you have more time or just keep the horse ticking over quietly if you don't have much time currently.
I think its really difficult as most people at that sort of level are already being paid to ride and compete on behalf of others! they might see it that you're looking for someone to improve your horse, so you can sell it at a profit in a year or two!

SEL

Visit site
Do u have a uni or college locally? A lot of students have to sell before Uni & really miss it
There is likely to be a r club or a BUCS team

I would second that. I know a very talented 17yo who has just been loaned a horse to event on whilst she is at college. Win / Win for her and the owner.

hihosilver

Visit site
Have you thought about paying someone? As Kezzabell has said you are basically looking for someone who would already be paid to ride. Depends on where in the UK you are but you might find a local professional yard who would be glad to give apprentices the chance to get a started on their professional CV.

Equally as the BE season is now over might you have scope to turn away for the winter? Its a tough time 0f year to find someone to loan / share - regardless of what level you are looking at.
how about the local pony club? If you have a large branch you might have some affiliated with the type of standard you are looking for. You may still have to pay them though!

Yes I have thought of paying someone to do the event season next spring and I will look into that option. He got turned out last year but lost a lot of muscle and he was a bit of a handful to bring back into work, Thanks for your reply,x

Swirlymurphy

Visit site
Whereabouts are you? I know of a couple of 17 yos who are looking for quality share/loan arrangements. Both are B test holders and with eventing experience - one more BE and the other more PC/UA.

Stinkyhorses

Visit site
I have the same problem, my horse isn't as good as yours and has had time off as I had a baby - I'm not even worried about them improving the horse necessarily, just that they don't go backwards in their schooling. Its a nightmare to find reliable responsible people.

I get so many responses to my "no novices" advert of people who think they are better than they are. You get to a point where you don't actually want to put your horse through any more viewings!!