Where's best to buy Rambo rugs?

Puppy

Visit site
Recommendations, please? :) Who does the best prices?

I've recently had a very bad experience with buying off ebay :mad:

Is there anywhere that is particularly good value/service?

I tried the trade stands at Blenheim yesterday with no luck.

I am looking for Rambo Supreme LW in a 6'3".

Thanks in advance :)

bumblelion

Visit site
Iv bought a few rambos off horserugs4u.com and never had any probs, including a supreme hw. Fast service, good selection, although haven't for about a year.

Puppy

Visit site
Iv bought a few rambos off horserugs4u.com and never had any probs, including a supreme hw. Fast service, good selection, although haven't for about a year.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid with their reputation (have a google ;)) I don't think I shall be parting with my cash to them.

hobgoblin

Visit site
Ride away York do mail order I buy all my rambos from there as they carry a large stock and will order in for you they have a no quibble returns policy you do have to pay postage but cheaper for me than fuel to tack shop who won't have size/ model any way and take an age to order in I've been buying from them for years and never had any probs

PooJay

Visit site
Defo don't buy from Horserugs4u - gone bust but still trading. Friend paid £120 and it took her 6 months to get the money refunded!

Spyda

Visit site
Thanks. Have you bought from them? I want somewhere trustworthy as I've been stung so badly with an ebay purchase, and I know HorseRugs4U take your cash and you don't get your rug :rolleyes:

Hi, yes! Looking back I have bought several things from them this year. Honestly never had any problem. Quick delivery and items all as described. If you're worried, I'd call your order through to them by phone; speak to a person there and ask whether the item's actually in stock and when dispatch and delivery would be if you ordered today. I've just done that myself a minute ago with TheSaddleryShop when ordering an Amigo XL lite weight. :)

Last edited:

SpottedCat

Visit site
Barnstormers are great, I have bought lots of random things from them, mostly several sets of hobbles as the wretched creature worked out how to break them :rolleyes:

Gorgeous George

Visit site
How about Horse Boutique? http://www.horse-boutique.co.uk/prod/Horseware-Rambo-Supreme-Turnout-Rug-Lite-Weight i've bought from them in the past and had no probs and found them very helpful.

I got my no fill rambo supreme and neck in Jan this year for £199 from Ingatestone Saddlery (my local shop), they don't have them in stock but they ordered one in for me direct from Horseware. I don't know what there online service is like as I just collected mine as I live a couple of miles away, but I had it within a week :)

Gorgeous George

Visit site
Meant to add, absolutely love the rug, I was really worried about spending that much money but it fits George a treat. Also it has the clips for the liners so you can add those in all different thicknesses, which means you just need one rug - brilliant!

ironhorse

Visit site
Yeah, Barnstormers are great, Ride A Way probably not the cheapest but fantastic customer service.
Have you tried Old Mill Saddlery? Not sure if they have the whole range but bought an Amigo stable rug from them recently at a very good price - really cheap postage which can make a big difference to the overall price, and very quick service.

Spyda

Visit site
Yes, that reply was to your post, but I was slow as got distracted whilst typing it. :D

Barnstormers are the best price so far at £219.50 plus postage. :)

The new style Rambo Supreme (which have the fixings to attach the liners) is a superb rug. Best on the market IMO - just wish I could afford one these days :(

Puppy

Visit site
Ahh, you don't want to buy one in a 6'9" do you? By any chance? ;)

I am selling my old girl's rugs as she passed away last month and I have to cover the cost of her cremation, and I won't ever have another horse so large.

I agree, it is the best HW rug on the market, by miles, hence why I want a LW for my retiree, who is a fatty and only needs a LW unless it's seriously subzero, in which case I plan to give her a 100gm liner. I know that's the idea behind the duo, but having had one of those for my old girl too, I think the supreme is a superior cut. :)

Izzwizz

Visit site
Throstle Nest Saddlery at Barnsley are very good and I go there reguarly. They have an internet site and are helpful over the phone, their prices are competitive too. Would also recommend Rideaway, had no problems with orders myself from them.

bumblelion

Visit site
Can't quote as using my iPhone but just wanted to say thanks for warning me against horserugs4u! Over the past few years iv always bought rugs from them no probs! Although my last one was about a year ago, so god knows what happened since then! I don't think i'll be taking the risk ordering again though!!

Just wanted to big up the Rambo supremes also! Absolutely love them!! Got the hw and had it 5 years and it's still going strong!!