Which are the best...

Fun Times

Visit site
....cooling boots to use after xc? I know there is much debate about clays and gels and whether just bandaging ice on is best etc etc but for various reasons have decided I want to give cool boots a go. So I have read as much stuff on the internet as I can face and have narrowed it down to premier equine cool boots, aerborn cool boots and equine fitness cold boots. Does anyone have any views on any of these three products? Or any other makes of cooling boots they would recommend? Its an expensive experiment to get wrong....

kassieg

Visit site
The ice vibe boots are amazing but at 175 pound per pair not cheap !
1 of our eventers knocked a knee at blair & a couple of days with them on the knee for 30 mins twice a day & the bruising was gone ! They were good as they were big enough to velcro round the knee

Fun Times

Visit site
Thanks kassieg. Not sure I could stretch to that price, but they do look good. Do you keep the cold packs in fridge or freezer? And do they stay cold all day if you take them to an event? Not sure how much the other half is going to appreciate finding horse stuff in the kitchen appliances as he still has a mild fit when the washing machine is pressed into equine service....

kassieg

Visit site
Yeh we had them in our freezer in the flat they then went into the lorry freezer compartment so maybe not viable if you dont have this option

oh tell me about it my parents say they are going to set up business cleaning horse stuff !

lucemoose

Visit site
I find boots heat up quickly and then hold the heat in! My aerborns are like little ovens. Much prefer to hose and hose and then gel or clay. Without wrap!