which automatic water drinkers for use in the stable ?

Asha

Visit site
Looking to put some in our stables, the last ones we used where dreadful, as I had to practically take them apart to clean them.

which ones do you good folk on HHO recommend ?

OWLIE185

Visit site
A really good one is the Paxton AT23 corner units which are made of plastic and have a large drinking pool. They also have a drain plug. When fitting them have a stop cock fitted to the water feed pipe so that you can turn off the water supply when cleaning it out.
http://www.paxtonagri.com/Equine/Water_troughs.aspx
Have used them for years (When you order them order a spare ball cock valve just in case it goes wrong and then you will have one to hand),

Asha

Visit site
A really good one is the Paxton AT23 corner units which are made of plastic and have a large drinking pool. They also have a drain plug. When fitting them have a stop cock fitted to the water feed pipe so that you can turn off the water supply when cleaning it out.
http://www.paxtonagri.com/Equine/Water_troughs.aspx
Have used them for years (When you order them order a spare ball cock valve just in case it goes wrong and then you will have one to hand),

Thanks will have a look at those.
I recommend water buckets (sorry!) purely so I know how much each one drinks. also so that it is cleaned out daily.

TFF, not being helpful, am I? :eek:

Haha, not helpful. but thanks !

Pamfyson

Visit site
We use buckets as well. Although I do believe that you can now get drinkers with some kind of usage monitor on them which would allow you to know how much water they were drinking. If I was looking for automatic drinkers I would be looking for this facility.

Asha

Visit site
We use buckets as well. Although I do believe that you can now get drinkers with some kind of usage monitor on them which would allow you to know how much water they were drinking. If I was looking for automatic drinkers I would be looking for this facility.

That's a great idea. do you know who supplies these ?