Which Balancer to Feed?

Joyous70

Visit site
Im looking to start giving my girl a little something extra, she's come out of winter looking absolutely fabulous, my instructor has said weight wise she is spot on, and doesn't want any more covering on her, however now spring is around the corner her work load will increase and I would like to make sure she's getting enough.

I was looking at a balancer, as she's a good doer so don't want to fill her up with too much of a bucket full, and have been looking at the Top Spec Balancer.

Does anyone use these, how do you find them?

She's currently getting a double handful of apple chaff, speedi beet to wet it down and a scoop of magnesium daily, along with around 10 - 12kgs of hay, she's 15hh rising 5.

ellie11987

Visit site
I've fed the Top Spec Comprehensive balancer previously and absolutely love the stuff! It gave my mare a lovely sheen on her coat and just that bit extra *sparkle* for ridden work. Plus, i can be confident her nutritional requirements are being met. Some horses on the yard are on Baileys Lo Cal, but I find the top spec far more superior personally. She has only come off the balancer as she is now fed recommended amounts of conditioning cubes so it is not required. Would not hesitate to buy this again in summer.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I use the gain opti balancer for one and the forage plus performance balancers to which you add a little micronised linseed for the others .

TeamChaser

Visit site
I like Top Spec too. Feed to my ISH who is in a lot of work as we start team chasing in 2 weeks so needs to be fit. He has comprehensive balancer, performance cubes, speedi beet and just grass and looks fab, has plenty of energy but not at all fizzy ..... apart from in the warm up ......!

Jazmyn101

Visit site
I use Topsec cool balancer with hi-fi molasses free for my fizzy horse, we both love it, she is in great condition and it doesn't fizz her up!

apachediamond

Visit site
my good doer has just gone back onto Lo-cal balancer as his workload has increased recently. He was also on it last winter to gain some condition as he was poor when i got him. Took him off it through summer and will probably look to do the same around June time.

Chococat

Visit site
I use Top Spec lite balancer with a scoop of chaff for good doer and he looks really good on it/has plenty of energy so would recommend.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Nothing that as iron in it! And something that has high levels of copper and zinc. Equivita/Forgage Plus/Progressive Earth all do good quality balancers that wont add calories to her diet. Add 40gms of salt and maybe some extra magnesium depending if she puts weight on or not, and job done :)