Which Body protector do you use?

welshiewhiskers

Visit site
Thinking of buying a new body protector! but want to know what you think is best for eventing? which make do use and do you like wearing it?

christian

RaThEr-bE-RiDiN0610.bebo.com
Rodney Powell... its safe and secure, and very comfortable. Looks good too
wink.gif

gloster_image

Visit site
Racesafe - safe, secure but flexible too. Having seen a talk on safety it was emphasised that many body protectors are actually unsafe as they do not allow you to tuck and roll (which everyone is always taught from a young age is the safest way to fall - just watch the jockets). Racesafe is build in little cubes so that it is easy to tuck and roll during a fall. I sound like an advert lol

TGM

Visit site
My daughter has just got a racesafe and she says it is so much more comfortable than her old one. I have a Rodney Powell and I must say I find it very rigid - will probably upgrade to a Racesafe soon.

kerilli

Visit site
i love my Rodney Powell one, but i like the feeling of a solid spine protector. everyone says the Racesafe ones are really comfy and mould to the body more.
i think you have to try a few and see... borrow one if pos. i know mine's solid but the moment i'm riding i totally forget it's there, it has never affected my riding (or falling!) so far...
yesterday i had it on for 20 mins after xc, while getting horse unbooted, untacked, washed off etc etc, i totally forgot it was still on.

Michelle73

Visit site
QR:
I have Rodney Powell too, never used anything else though. I've just upgraded to their "Ladies" one which is much more comfortable under the arms.

I have a friend who rides out on a racing yard and where's Racesafe for that and uses her Rodney Powell for hacking, lessons and showjumping at home and she prefers her RP feeling far more secure in it should something go wrong.

Visit site
I have an airowear ladies zippa b.p.
it is absolutely fab and makes you feel very safe
hardly notice it's there and very breathable and moulds to your shape really fast
a fab buy!!
would definately reccommend!