Which body protector?

claracanter

Visit site
Hi

I am about to start doing some jumping with my boy and need to get a body protector but the choice is mind boggling. I wondered if you good people could recommend any. I am a size 12 but rather big up top. Finding a life jacket to fit has never been easy and i wondered if i will get the same problem with body protectors. Are any makes more accommodating of the female form?

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Airowear outlyne. I am a similar shape and it was a far superior fit than race safe.

I think it's rideaway who have a measuring guide which was completely accurate when I went to try on.

The mad TB

Visit site
I believe Kan are suppose to be very good, not sure but you might be able to have them fitted? O have an aerowear and I love it!

Cocorules

Visit site
I had an old airowear, but have just switched to an airowear outlyne and the difference is amazing it really is so much more comfortable because it accommodates you up top!

I believe the kan also does this, but it is easier to find a stockist that can fit you to an airowear than a kan.

rhino

Visit site
Kans are designed for the female form :D Cant' stand Outlyne's personally. I adore my racesafe, but have no boobs :eek:, though I know quite a few people who do, and love their racesafe's too!

Whichever you choose, make sure it fits!

Daytona

Visit site
I'm larger on top and love my race safe - found it the best fit out of one of many I tried on. I wear it every single day and don't even notice on anymore.

Jesstickle

Visit site
I am really quite busty :eek: and have a racesafe (the new one RS2010). I had the old one before that. Wouldn't have anything else

Liath

Visit site
Another vote for racesafe- I have a 'reasonable' bust and find mine very comfy... as someone else said, the laces up the sides mean you can adjust it to fit! Wear mine every time I get on a horse, and half the time forget to take it off afterwards 'cause I forget I have it on!

The only problem I do have with wearing a BP (and I think it'd be any BP to be honest!) is that I can't bear wearing an underwired bra with it on... but then half the time I can't bear wearing an underwired bra without a BP so that's probably just me!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I think this shows you need to try them on to decide. When I tried the race safe it was as tight as it would go on the sides (ie the laces wouldn't go tighter even with no one in it!) and still caught the inside of my arms. I love the squidgyness of the outlyne :D

rhino

Visit site
The only problem I do have with wearing a BP (and I think it'd be any BP to be honest!) is that I can't bear wearing an underwired bra with it on... but then half the time I can't bear wearing an underwired bra without a BP so that's probably just me!

Underwired bras + falling off horses = bad idea anyway. I always thought the lung piercing thing was an urban myth, but have met 3 people who have injured themselves falling off because of their underwires.

Not something I need anyway :eek: :D

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Another kanteq user here, and ive got a decent bust too. I do think if you can your better trying them on though, everyone likes different things. But i do really rate the kans.

coloured_c0b

Visit site
Airowear outlyne. I am a similar shape and it was a far superior fit than race safe.

I think it's rideaway who have a measuring guide which was completely accurate when I went to try on.

this.. i also got mine from rideaway.. i've had it now for about 2 months and its worn in very well, its very comfortable and i dont even know i'm wearing it anymore. cheaper than racesafe and a much better fit for larger up top ladies!!:)

WestCoast

Visit site
My airowear outlyne saved me from serious injury when I had a nasty fall a few weeks ago. The area of the body protector didn't have a single bruise and I was black and blue everywhere else.

They feel quite stiff when cold but do mould and flex as they warm up from body heat.

Do hate the bloody thing though. ;)

Paula

claracanter

Visit site
Thanks for all the info ladies.
I'll be off to try some different back protectors on.

Bit alarming about the underwire bra though:eek: never even thought of that one re. falling off!