Which brands sell reflective turnout rugs?

Dubsie

Visit site
We've a Rambo which has bands of reflective front and back, I've seen a Weatherbeeta with some reflective bits but there seems to be a distinct lack of reflective tape on most brands of rug. Firstly you can find them in the field but more importantly if they break away and get on the road/someone opens a gate and they get out, then they're more likely to be seen by the cars.

I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be much of a call for reflective tape on horse rugs. Any recommendations?

I also know you can get reflective paint http://www.albedo100.co.uk/albedo100-reflective-spray-horse-and-pets/

Equi

Visit site
I do remember seeing a fully hiviz turnout rug, but can't for my life think who it was. I think it was very expensive.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
the reflective paint is brilliant. I'd recommend just spraying your current rugs with that, but make sure you get the permanent one (not the one for fur)

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Shires stormcheeta has lots.

345B5990-B67B-4A62-82FA-C5AFB5D269C4_zpsv2araxa4.jpg

So do PE and Rambos I have. The shires chicken doesn't tho! (But it has chickens so ya know!)

EQUIDAE

Visit site
I can't quite see the point of hi vis rugs frankly. They all end up mud coloured anyway!!

16 acre field in the dark and horses who don't want to come in... Total ****** when they turn their backs to you so the torch doesn't shine on them and *poof* they're invisible...

Eta a picture of the link I posted

imgres

Last edited:

Deltic Blue

Visit site
Swish and PE definitely do.
I think I have a Jumpers Horse Line turnout too that has a reflective strip round the whole outside of it.

Dubsie

Visit site
Thanks, got a few more to look at. Even if covered in mud in a 6 acre field the puny light on my hat shows where she is hiding in the dark. And if she ever got out of the field at night at least she'd stand a chance of being seen on the (busy) road