Which breeds of dogs do "you" class as "vicious", untrustworthy???

beatrice

Visit site
As has already been said i don't think you can class any breed as dangerous as it is all to do with their upbringing etc.

However some dogs can just be dangerous regardless of their upbringing. For example i had 2 Lakeland terriers and they we really sweet until they got to about 4. They decieded to start going for anyone who came in the house apart from my family. They even went for a good family friend who had known them since we got them. They were pts straight away. They had been brought up properly, were taking out and about and had been used to people coming in the house all the time. So as a result i am wary of them now, but i have rarely seen anyone have them.

I'm also a little wary of collies as i have never met a nice one!

However overall i'm not wary of any dogs unless the individual dog gives me reason to be!

JulieL

Visit site
I have a rescued Damatian - she's is gettin on a bit. We have never ever had a cross word from her despite my two legged girls climbing, pulling etc etc since they were both babies. Very kind dog - would recommend breed - but very highly strung. Needs loads of exercise!

I agree with Dougie - the owner of my yard has a Belgium Shepherd - he is just goofy and adorbale. So funny - when he plays he looks like he's on elastic
grin.gif

I also had 2 Rotties years ago before the become fashionable and interbred - beautiful loyal clever dogs. Wud defo have another if hubby let me.

I think it depends a lot on the owner and growing up in the right environment - like kids really.

Dougie

Visit site
damation bitches are thee most highly strung infurating lovable mutts!!! my nieghbour has one who i ocassionally walk, i say ocassionally as its so stressful. she comes back hen she wants, how she wants and if she wants. she also walks out in front of cars....there meant to stop for her dont u know!?!

milor

Visit site
grin.gif
Belgians are GREAT !!! - two of mine work as PAT dogs although I know they would guard if the need arose.

Must admit that the sharpest breed I've come across have been JRT's