Which calmer?? Top spec vs equine America!!!!

Babybells22

New User
Visit site
Hi!
Sick of searching through now-
My TB girl has injured her back going crazy in the field! Physio has been and treated she is now on box/walker rest, can start slowly over weekend and trotting mon..
When I turn her out again next week I'm using SEDALINE for the first couple of days. As don't want her u doing all the work.

She was being fed calm and condition cubes, soaked grass pellets, herbichaff and h and p balancer.
I have cut out the condition cubes and replaced with a cheap mix while she is out of work.
She eats mud when she is out and chews wood occasionally.
When was in training for racing was bombproof but now is spooky at silly things.

Was thinking of equine America magnesium or the calm plus but someone said unless she is deficient won't work-so then looked up top spec calmer which has abit of everything?! Wondered what everyone's views are on these products?!

Sorry for length of this and thanks in advance x

AliceCrail

Visit site
I tried EA Magnitude as it was cheap and thought if it wasn't magnesium deficiency then I've only lost £20! I was very impressed, and I now have my mare on it too.

be positive

Visit site
I would cut out the mix while she is resting as it is high in starch and sugar which will do her no favours when it comes to going back out, make sure she always has hay in front of her to keep her happy.

I used EA magnitude for 2 on box rest, no idea whether it really helped but it did no harm, adding some salt to her feed may help with the wood chewing and mud eating, many horses are quiet in training but once out of the strict routine, hard daily work and most of their exercise being in company will see the world through new eyes and become more spooky and tense although for some it is the opposite once the pressure comes off they relax and chill out.

Babybells22

New User
Visit site
Think I'm going to get her some Alfa or high lite instead of the herbichaff as that's molasses based :-(
Worried about her having no 'hard' feed and losing condition-she has as lib hay
Would u say to cut out sugars-keep the calm cond cubes and high lite and grass pellets or leave the grass pellets off aswell?