Which chaff do you use? Random Poll!

Is there enough medicaly been done to cancer research?

• Total voters

eekmon

Visit site
Use Apple Chaff! He doesnt like Alfa!! As hes an oldie going to try the vereran one soon !!
smile.gif

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Use Apple Chaff! He doesnt like Alfa!! As hes an oldie going to try the vereran one soon !!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Ooh I was looking at that today(via the net
wink.gif
).....only thing that puts me off is that it's molassed
crazy.gif

hannah1982

Visit site
I alwasy use spillers happy chaff for skinny horses and spillers happy hoof for the fatties! I find Alfa and Hi Fi too course and real dusty.<span style="color:blue"> </span>

Fiona

Visit site
From your poll, it looks as if Dengie dominate the market.
Can't believe more people don't use grass chaffs such as Spillers readigrass. Means can feed less mix/nuts so giving horses less starch, keeping them saner. RG has feed/energy value of a competition mix, and smells SOOOO gorgeous BTW.
Fiona

MagicMelon

Visit site
Yeah - I have always used chaff added to feed. Usually Alfa A or showshine etc. Fiona - I find the Grass type ones weird! Yeah, sure mine eat it (Ive used them once or twice in the past if a horse has been stabled due to illness) but its just dry grass! I find paying about £6 + for a bag of dry grass a rip off! And something like Applechaff smells so nice, my horses absolutely love the stuff. Thats why I dont feed it anyway.....!
wink.gif

Fiona

Visit site
But surely freeze dried grass is so natural for them to eat, especially over the winter. Also has good energy values, so feel it is adding something to feed, other then making horsie chew more obviously. I sometimes feel that she of the chaffs are just fillers, sole purpose is to bulk out rest of feed, and have very little intrinsic feed value themselves. Not talking about alfalfa chaffs her obviously, but some of the basic chopped hay/straw ones.
Everyone has their opinion though, and prob a different reason for adding a chaff to their hard feed.
Fiona