Which CHAFF??

Babybells22

New User
Visit site
Hi, had to switch my TB onto molasses free low sugar feed as it's sent her silly!
I have bought her dengie hi if molasses free...which she isn't keen on....was thinking of getting the Alfa a molasses free or topspec top chop??
Which looks like it would taste the best.

She is also on topspec cool condition cubes, cool balancer-ad lib hay.

Thanks in advance x

SaffronWelshDragon

www.facebook.com
Chances are, because your mare is used to having a sugary feed, she will probably reject any other molasses free feeds you offer her. You'll need to wean her off her sugar habit bit by bit - I used to have 2 sugars in my tea, I couldn't just stop straight away as it was gross. I did it in stages and now don't have any. Try adding some unsweetened apple juice her feed.

[100323]

Visit site
I now use Ossichaff Plain and simple, chopped hay and straw, I had to introduce it very slowly until they got used to it. No molasses. They also have some Honeychop and speedi beet. They were on Alfa but it sent them silly, not affected by the sugar, but like to keep it low.

4x4

Visit site
I have just had a delivery of oat straw chaff from John Chapman of Grvenhorse Feed. I couldn't recommend him more highly. He suggests adding a bit of unmolassed sugar beet/juice for flavour (not a problem I have with my piggies). He is a mine of information and very reasonably priced for plain chaff.