Which clippers to chose!?

Visit site
I'm looking to buy a second hand pair because I onky have a small buget and want a decent pair.
Can anyone tell me their opinion on:
Listers clippers
And premier clippers.
Currently looking at a pair of wolseys and premier absolute dominance clippers.
Many thanks Issy

shirerosie

Visit site
I have a pair of lister star clippers and they are amazing and wouldn't swap them for anything else as they also have a good reputation. They are easy to adjust the tension and are really light and they clip really tight and nicely. Definitely recommend buying a pair!

blitznbobs

Visit site
I have a set of Wolseley swift clippers ... I got them as an 18th birthday present , they work like a dream I've never even had them serviced (just the blades sharpened ) and they still clip really well I'm 42 now . They are light but powerful would heartily recommend.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I'm reluctantly parting with my amazing Hauptner 2000 clippers because my current mare is terrified of the flex and despite desensitizing her for weeks, I still cannot safely clip her without sedation. But I know I won't find a more reliable pair of clippers and I have four sets of blades too. But have bought some Masterclip cordless ones and am selling my Hauptners to help fund them. I just hope the Masterclip are as reliable as my Hauptners. They've not arrived yet, so I am yet to see.

AFB

Visit site
If you're on a budget I'd suggest Masterclip and some Heiniger blades. You can get a decent set of clippers for £150, I've had mine for 5 years or so and no issues whatsoever, other than the blades not sharpening up very well so replaced with Heiniger and perfect.

They're fairly noisy and probably heavier than the more expensive brands, so I probably wouldn't want to do a whole yard with them, but for clipping a handful of horses I think they're great value.

claireandnadia

Visit site
I've just bought some Lister Libertys as my mare doesn't like being clipped. Only used them once but am impressed. They glide nicely through the coat and are very quiet.
I got mine brand new for £300.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
If you only have one or two horses then you don't need an incredibly powerful set of clippers. I am in that catagory & about 18 years ago I bought a set of Wolseley Swift Clippers. They weren't cheap but I still have them & use them regularly on my horses. I've only had them serviced once I think & they still work as well now as when they came out of the box. They aren't the quietest clippers but they are a really rugged work horse. They regularly come up for sale on Ebay & are well worth buying as a used set.

There are plenty of makes out there which people will recommend but mine have never let me down in 18 years of use. Make of it what you will. :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...rs.TRS0&_nkw=wolseley+horse+clippers&_sacat=0

Last edited:

Cecile

Visit site
I bought Wahl Pro Series KM-1 way back when someone was probably building the ark
Never had any problems with them although I don't use them often now
They still have the price on the box and I paid £111.63 and it seemed like a fortune at the time