Which clippers???

Sherbert

Visit site
Can any one recommend some good quality and reasonably priced clippers? I'll only be clipping a max of 2 horses, 2 or 3 times a year (blanket and full clips). I have mains power so they don't necessarily need to be cordless but I'd like them to be light and easy to use. There seem to be so many to choose from that any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Louby

Visit site
Ive got the Avalon cordless too and they have made my unclipable horse clipable!! Brilliant clippers but more like a larger trimmer with the power to do full clips.
Had Heiniger Handy clippers before that ran off the mains and they were good too.

Sherbert

Visit site
Thanks! I've had a look and am quite taken with the Moser Avalon ones. Is it really worth having the ceramic blades though as they'd be quite expensive to replace? I've seen a slightly cheaper version with metal blades but wonder if the ceramics really do make that much of a difference.

eekmon

Visit site
I have Lister Stablemates! Only had two pairs in 24 years!
laugh.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Ive got a set of Moser avalon and have both the ceramic and the metal blades and TBH i don't think the ceramic ones are any stronger than the metal. They are great clippers and extremely light and quiet, so i would definitely recommend them!!

neigh

Visit site
The Moser Avalons are really good and very quiet. No point in having ceramic blades though as when they've been sharpened they are no longer ceramic, as it is just a coating. Got mine from clippersharp, they are very helpful.