which breed do you prefer

• Total voters

Scoopy

Visit site
I like mine fine and sleek A.K thast my boy TB
smirk.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
Me too! I ask because I went to a dealers yesterday and they had 5 irish tb's and 2 irish sport horses and I like quite a few Irish sport horses but these were too heavy for my liking, not impressed, TB's were nice, apart from a little grey mare...she was cute as hell but you would never guess she was a pure TB with papers and had been blood typed..she looked like a con x tb.

SSM

Visit site
Think I fall between the two of Medium and Substantial - as there is only one breed for me and they come up in different shapes and sizes!!!

Clodagh

Visit site
Enough bone for a days hunting over the plough and enough blood to still wanting to be there at 5pm!!
Mines a tb x id, no feathers though, pls!!

SSM

Visit site
Enough bone for a days hunting over the plough and enough blood to still wanting to be there at 5pm!!

Then you need a CB!!!!!!!!!

Clodagh

Visit site
A friend of mine recently had her CB put down, he was very old and lived for his hunting. As m OH used to sum him up - he was a gentleman!
A lady locally has got 2 part bred CBs for sale, good and cheap. (If she still has them, I'm talking a month ago). County standard I should think. They were/are lovely. WB type movement but better brains!!

SSM

Visit site
I know I am so so biased but they are the most incredibly honest and loving breed I have ever met (well the ones I've known) and seem to be affordable as they are not fashionable at the moment
frown.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I have a TB who is just right and a CBxTB who can be all sizes depending on time of year. Last year he was eventing fit and for me looked great - my mother prefers him chunky and bigger. My mother loves CB crosses preservation and ability!

sea_view

Visit site
I have a pure bred Arab and pure bred TB, not intentionally as I usually prefer slightly chunkier horses but heho, spose that's how it goes!