Which dressage jacket?

StellaArtois

Visit site
I am looking to buy a new dressage jacket and really like the Pikuer ones but don't know what colour. My horse is a dark bay and not sure whether to go for a black or navy jacket. I have a black hat so does that mean I should go for a black jacket. Any recommendations of nice dressage jackets?

Thanks in advance

Pigeon

Visit site
The Pikeur ones are amazing! I tried on about 50 (including more expensive jackets) before trying one of those on and it's great! It actually makes me look like I have a waist and the sleeves are long enough!

I would say get one to match your hat. I have no idea what's correct in dressage (what we do) but the majority of people seem to wear black so that's what I went for!

Proud Wexford Hero

Visit site
Hi, I have a black kingsland dressage jacket which is very flattering, and is made of a technical fabric. It's lightweight and is the most comfortable jacket I have ever worn. I also have a dark bay, and a black hat, so went for the black jacket. Hopefully you can see the picture! :)

StellaArtois

Visit site
Thanks, that jacket looks lovely will have a look on-line. I might need to loose the belly first to make any jacket flattering.

TandD

Visit site
caldene wool or tweed all the way! looks very smart and flattering!...also great in winter when you have to start warming up at 8am and its still -1!!!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I spent some time trying to find a reasonably expensive (i.e. good quality) jacket, but just couldn't find anything that sat right on me. Ended up getting one of these as although I wanted to spend more on a decent jacket, nothing fitted better:

http://www.caldene.co.uk/Show-Jackets/new-harewood-.aspx

In fact I've been delighted with it and it's very light weight so great for warmer weather. Here's a photo of it on me (I'm very short in the body and not as slim as I used to be, but I don't feel appalled when I see pictures which has to mean it's quite flattering):

Last edited: