Which fly sheet

Horsemad12

Visit site
Not being a big fan of fly sheets, my current one was destroyed in the field and the fly's then did their worst.

I need to order a new one asap - any suggestions for a good one?

Thanks

Jane_Lou

Visit site
Another one for Mark Todds - the silver combo ones, they are really robust and long lasting, love the belly flap and fit of them. I buy a size bigger though as I find them a little tight round the chest otherwise.

whiteclover

Visit site
Im thinking of getting one for my boy, hes not got lots of bites but the horse flies are bad and are annoying him. Should I get him one?

Horsemad12

Visit site
Another one for Mark Todds - the silver combo ones, they are really robust and long lasting, love the belly flap and fit of them. I buy a size bigger though as I find them a little tight round the chest otherwise.

How tight? - I tend to buy her a 6'6 normally, but can put my 6'3 weatherbeeta on her, I suspect a 6'9 would be too big, although she is broad in the chest - hmmmm

Jane_Lou

Visit site
My mare is an MW ISH and she is somewhere between a 6'3" and a 6'6" depending on makes. Her HW winter rug is a Mark Todd and that is a 6'3" and she has a couple of 6'3" and 6'6" weatherbeetas as well. I tried on a 6'6" and decided it was a little snug in the chest and went for a 6'9" which while long is not a problem as they sort of mould to the horse so it just means extra tail coverage! I hate tight rugs!

Horsemad12

Visit site
My mare is an MW ISH and she is somewhere between a 6'3" and a 6'6" depending on makes. Her HW winter rug is a Mark Todd and that is a 6'3" and she has a couple of 6'3" and 6'6" weatherbeetas as well. I tried on a 6'6" and decided it was a little snug in the chest and went for a 6'9" which while long is not a problem as they sort of mould to the horse so it just means extra tail coverage! I hate tight rugs!

Thanks for that, guess it will be a 6'9 then!

KatB

Visit site
Would agree with the Mark Todd. A friend on the yard has one and it's great, if I decide madam needs one that is what I will be getting. :D

rowy

Visit site
Mark Todd are really robust but I find them a really strange fit! They rubbed both of my horses chests and they make my horse sweat. I would go with Rambo if money is no option. I bought a cheap shires one which I was worried would rip but is lasting really well so far and a perfect fit even though it has no shoulder gussets.

huskimo12

Visit site
Another vote for the Rambo Sweet Itch Hoodie here :) I have just bought my 3 year old a Premier Equine one which was 50% off so it think £35.
not as good as the rambo ones but wasnt risking her wrecking a £100 rug which wont fit her next year anyway the PE one seems good and everyone i know who has one raves about them. If you look on sale page they have most sizes at 50% at the moment.

Good Luck :)

JulzS

Visit site
Loved my PE one but horse killed it eventually. Then bought a masta one and wish I hadnt, rubbish quality compared to the PE one and it slips really badly.

Horsemad12

Visit site
Mark Todd has been purchased in a "large" 6'9" which I would have never chosen before asking on here so thank you all for the advice.

Fingers crossed it is still on tonight!

Horsemad12

Visit site
Was the chest fit ok - you really do need a larger size don't you!

Oh yes def needed the bigger size - thanks for the advice, I was a little nervous when I ordered it. Amazingly the length is generally OK, just that the neck is a bit long but that is fine.

Seems to be quite a nice rug, fingers crossed it works, she ripped her other one and reacted very badly to a bit during the few days she was naked.