Which girth?

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
After my mares pyshio session she has trigger points both sides where the girth sits, was treated and thought no more about it, treated again and same spot same trigger points and it dawned on me I am using a different girth! I have always used my short stud girth on her as all I had but was getting ruined with hacking and now in rehab work and not currently jumping brought her just a Basic synthetic elastic (both sides) which is have been using since trigger points have been picked up...
can any recommend a girth which may be better to eliminate these issues? Brand or design?
(Something that won’t break the bank as the vet bills and lorry failed a mot!)

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I think there are way too many unknown variables for one brand/design to solve this to you. One would be where those sore spots are, the shape of the old girth, the shape of the new one, the materials of each one, the strength of the elastic....

If you think a wide girth will be the answer then Le Tixerant is a brilliant girth but there could be cheaper options that will solve your issue. I would try and borrow or hire some different options as girth fit is very individual.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Physio pointed out a similar issue with my horse too. My saddler fitted a Fairfax girth which he seems very happy with, performance wise. It'll be interesting to hear the physios opinion on her next routine visit.