Which hat to get?

m1stify

Visit site
Hi, I need to replace my jockey skull. I need one with good ventilation as head can get v sweaty!! Am also looking for snell standard so have two options gatehouse rcx1 (like the idea of removable liner) and Charles Owen 4 star which is apparently really cool to wear. GS is more expensive. Anyone own either and can they recommend?

pansymouse

Visit site
Honestly, just get the one that fits and complies with the regulations for your chosen discipline, everything else is a bonus. My hat is so ugly I have to use a cover on it but fits like a dream so I bought it.

m1stify

Visit site
I have just purchased the Charles Owen Pro II, most hats that have "vents" will not comply with the regulations apparently.
Both these hats have the highest snell rating.
I don't want to have to replace my hat every year cos of sweaty head syndrome ☺️ Hence the removable Liner or the well ventilated hat.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I love my GH rxc1, it's honestly the comfiest hat I've owned but agree with the others that the fit is more important than the style.

Scarlett

Visit site
Both these hats have the highest snell rating.
I don't want to have to replace my hat every year cos of sweaty head syndrome ☺️ Hence the removable Liner or the well ventilated hat.

Do you plan to compete in it? As of 2016 hats must comply to PAS 015 to be allowed to be worn in affiliated competition.

Annagain

Visit site
Do you plan to compete in it? As of 2016 hats must comply to PAS 015 to be allowed to be worn in affiliated competition.

Not entirely true. The BSEN1384 has been deemed obsolete and as of 2016 any hat with this safety mark alone will not be able to be worn in affiliated competition. If your hat has BSEN 1384 and one of the other safety marks (PAS 015 is just one of the accepted ones, Snell E2001 and ATSM F1163 are other examples) it's ok.

More info (for BRC at least, I understand BE and BD have the same rule, not sure on BS ) here: http://www.bhs.org.uk/~/media/BHS/F...ndards Information for Clubs and Centres.ashx

But yes, the one that fits best is the best hat for you. I can only wear Champion due to the odd shape of my head!

Ella19

Visit site
Depends on the shape of your head! round heads fit gatehouse hs1 on the whole. The 4 star is a bit of an odd fit in my opinion. Pro II are good for oval heads. Rxc1 is somewhere in between.