Which hood..

Sealine

Visit site
Done my first ever dressage competition at the weekend and plaited the night before to give me one less thing to stress about on the day as my time was 9:07!

I borrowed a hood from a friend to protect plaits overnight but need to get one of my own. I have heard snuggy hoods are good but are they worth £50? Can anyone recommend anything a bit cheaper?

Sarah2207

Visit site
I love snuggy hoods, have tried a couple of cheaper versions but they ended up moving about and rubbing the plaits! Have had one of mine for about 3 years and still going strong, I often do plaits the night before and turn out in it and they are still good in the morning!

SarahX

Visit site
If you can afford a snuggy hood i'd go with that.
If not, I use the Mark Todd lycra hood and it hasn't once moved or rubbed my horses plaits out :)

fleabittengrey

Visit site
I prefer the fit of Dress Circle rather than SH - I have three snuggys but they seem to be better fitting for heavy/cob types than thoroughbreds.
I've tried cheap ones and they are definately not a good saving, they are poor material, bobble after a wash, and worse slip around and move overnight.