Which insurer

Visit site
Dogs insurance renewal come in and gone up another £40, Ive not claimed.Its £559 now !
Meg is 10 now and some insurers wont take on older dogs. Anyone recommend one,I know which ones to avoid !
Im loathe to stop insuring as got hammered for some hefty bills with previous rescue prior to the two weeks insurance lead in !

paddy555

Visit site
I don't know for older dogs nor the level of premium. I can recommend petplan who are being excellent at paying out on my dog ins. which is what really matters. ATM. We have got to over 2k and the bills are going to end up nearly towards the max of 7k by the end. Vet put in stage claim yesterday and I got e mail today to say it had been paid.

Based on my current experience I would be loathe to stop insuring as well.

On the Hoof

Visit site
well I have claimed loads on my insurance with Agria and they have only put the premium up a small amount each year. I have no idea about senior dogs or the premium for them either, but they have been very good to me and very efficient at paying out.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
I have no idea about older dogs but I am insured with 'Bought By Many' and very happy with them. My dog is 4 and had a claim last year. Her insurance this year went up to £267.39, last year was £223.61. This is lifetime cover and up to £7k vet fees. They are very easy to deal with.

Visit site
Have gone with Petplan, still expensive due to Megs age but they have given basic vets cover up to £3000 instead of present £2000'Always used them before but changed as they wouldnt insure my old dog once he had gone past 9, they must have changed their policy

18hhOlls&Me

Visit site
I find NFU excellent and whilst a little pricey they provide a comprehensive and efficient service. Their customer service is par to none and having used the for years I have not had one problem with them at all. I consider tham the best.

Birker2020

Visit site
Dogs insurance renewal come in and gone up another £40, Ive not claimed.Its £559 now !
Meg is 10 now and some insurers wont take on older dogs. Anyone recommend one,I know which ones to avoid !
Im loathe to stop insuring as got hammered for some hefty bills with previous rescue prior to the two weeks insurance lead in !
I'd shop around, I wonder if there are price comparison sites for pet insurance, I expect there are.

Ratface

Visit site
I'm another fan of NFU insurance. Ancient Horse is with them.
My neighbours have their dog with Chosen by Many. They strongly recommend them.
I wasn't a fan of PetPlan. Premium hikes every year, even though I never made a claim.

paisley

Visit site
I've had to really shop around once the whippet got past 10. A lot of insurers are underwritten by E and L who I don't have a high regard for.
Currently with PDSA insurance, it was the best deal I could get. Petplan was too expensive and NFU wouldn't insure, but I have used them before and they were good.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
The only thing I would say, if you have anything st all on vet record that indicates any problem,, don't swap insurer. Mine ended up with some arthritis but because when she was diagnosed, there was a mention on vet records earlier which could be linked, the new insurer I had swapped to wouldn't pay (understandably from their POV).

Edit to add that my dogs' insurance is now looking costlier than the pony's. But I do find vet fees for thd dogs to be generally more expensive than for the pony so I guess that's why!

Visit site
Old Nag, I had to disclose Megs teeth problem and anal gland infection so they have excluded them. I hope I havent forgotten anything else shes been in for !