Which is most effective calmer anyone has used?

equibabe20

Visit site
I've tried nearly every calmer on the market, all had no effect, until I tried a calmer by a company called Nupafeed. I used the booster syringes for my boy for competition use and found it amazing. He was totally chilled but still forward going and listening. I am considering now putting him on the liquid permanently and using the boosters just to top it up. May be worth giving them a ring they are very helpful.

vickers22

Visit site
B-kalm plus worked well, only used it once though but worked a treat
smile.gif
most others havnt worked-so kalm didnt, topspec didnt, feelgood 30 didnt !!

BeckyD

Visit site
The only one I've tried is Nupafeed but that was a disaster - sent both horses on my yard completely nutty and very tense. No idea why, and Nupafeed were extremely helpful and baffled by what happened.

lucym

Visit site
i havnt personally used it, but a horse i look after at my yard is on global herbs thoroughbred calmer. he is an arab type with a fizzy streak, and the owners swear it is working.
they have tried everything, and reckon this product is by far the best

ajf

Visit site
Well we tried just about every know supplement and old wives tales that people said and none worked!!! Several made him plain dangerous (especially a NAF one), nupafeed did nothing and couldn't get the booster down him!!! We even had him on triple dose and more than one at a time and nothing!!! Now hes on nothing and its the calmest hes been!!!!
Some people sware by things, u just gotta find something that works!!!
Good luck

Baileyboo

Visit site
When I first got my mare she was very spooky so I started feeding her D&H Placid in her feed, gradually she calmed down and I just put it down to her settling in and stopped with the placid as all my family thought I was being silly still feeding her it...............any hooo the other day she was being a complete prat and my OH's dad (the main person who said to take her off it as he thinks I just like spending money for the sake of it, can't think where he gets that idea from?!) said what was wrong with her/ why is she so silly? etc so I said "hhhmmm perhaps she should go back on the placid" he just stayed quiet as he doesn't like being proved wrong and i've decided that it obviosly does work.

little_pink_piggies

Visit site
my mare is a nightmare with being fizzy and sharp...

changed her feed to that winergy equilibrium and its calmed her down no end (as with all the other horses on the yard!), put her onto brewers yearst and also feed her "slut mix" although not sure how much that does but deffo the brewers yeast and winergy equilibrium! worked with every sharp horse we have at the minute...
smile.gif

imafluffybunny

Visit site
I would def reccomend equifeast cool calm and collected, I have a very stressy mare and this stuff really works. So much so that I can take her off it and her temperament does not change too much.

pickwickayr

Visit site
ive tried top spec calmer, magic and so kalm on my ex racer and none worked. the magic actulay seemed to make him worse altho im not sure why?!

supreme products defuse is very good,. but it is a one off you feed for competitions. if not competing valerian works and takes effect quickly if you ever need a calmer at home.

i am considering trying oxyshot tho as have heard some good reports on this

louiseallen

New User
Visit site
I found each calmer works differently on each horse depending on what the issue is, I had a Tb that 'blew' just suddenly reacted and dumped me, so needed to keep him level headed at all times. Nupafeed did nothing, Steady up likewise, but Global herbs supercalm and spillers coolmix kept us both fit and sane.

Happytohack

Visit site
Out of interest, what are you feeding? If you switch to a forage based feed (no cereals or sugars) and as much turn out as possible, you may find your horse calms down alot. Wendals Herbs special calmer is good, but it does contain valerian so cannot be used in competitions.

Janette

Visit site
All last year, Naf MAgic and Tempralax as a top up worked brilliantly for us, but it seems that this year - it doesn't. Now very 'exhuberant' when supposedly 'calm'
mad.gif

Trying So Kalm Plus at the moment, with a top up of B-Kalm and it seems to be doing the trick - so far......

hannahealasaid

Visit site
Settleze!!!
Works really well on my 2yr old who got a bit difficult to handle through winter & i prefer to use it to others as it is homeopathic. Tried the top spec one for a while first but it made no difference. Was recomended it by a friend whose horse was on box rest and had really helped.