which le chameaus to buy

Jesstickle

Visit site

lochpearl

Visit site
Hubby had the original manky coloured green ones but the more expensive ones with the leather lining and the zips up the sides, they didn't last too long so I replaced them with the ones you prefer (cheaper) and they are still going strong and lasting 3 times plus longer than the expensive ones! I had the olive green ones in the picture and the rubber kind of crumbled as the years went on.

boxcarhorse

Visit site
If you want leather lined ones, try the Aigle ones. They are exactly the same as the Le Chameau ones but cheaper and a different (dark green) colour.

I've had both and in terms of quality there is nothing to tell them apart.

Pancakes

Visit site
I have the ones from the first link and LOVE them!:D They are on their second winter and still look healthly, despite being unloved :eek::p. They put up with me wearing them every day for work, my own horses and when i am on the farm. (so in theory on my feet from 6am until 7pm except for riding out)
IMO are worth every penny i normally get through at least two pairs of 'normal horsey boots' in a winter before i got these.
The only thing i will suggest is that you makes sure which ever you go for, you make sure you have a neoprene lining otherwise i think your tootsies may get cold :D :p

Jesstickle

Visit site
Definitely after the neoprene ones. Thanks, they sound good. Might treat myself

MrsM, they do them in a unisex too which I would imagine have wider calves?

My lower legs are the only skinny bit of me which is why I'm looking at the girl specific ones :)

canteron

Visit site
Definitely the Vierzonard ones (with neoprene).

Don't buy the ones with zips, the boot will outlast the zip.

I am on my second pair of Vierzonard in 10 years - I find they do 5 or 6 years of hard graft (all day every winter). They have structure so support your feet and go on for ever.

I have looked at the other ones and they just aren't the same ..... don't compromise on the quality of footware for everyday use, bad wellies will ruin your feet very quickly (and cost a whole lot more to sort!!!).