Which length in Bates/Wintec webbers stirrup leathers?? And are they good?

warmbloodcrazy

Visit site
Hi all,

I really want to get some to go on my Isabel Werth dressage saddle but am unsure on the lengths! I am 5ft9 and just wanted to know which length people found good for them as i heard they can come up short..

60cm
70cm
or 80 cm?

All thoughts are much appreciated!

Thanks Everyone!

ShadowFlame

Visit site
I have the middle size, and at 5'6 I find I'm always in near-top holes... I could've done with the shorter length, really. I hate them though, they've wrecked my saddle flaps.

Tapir

Visit site
I'm pretty sure mine are 28"/70cm ones and I'm also 5'6" and I use a hole right in the middle.

I have the Wintec version on my Thorowgood saddle and much prefer them to normal leathers.

ShadowFlame

Visit site
For correct length (and no damage), you need the T-bar to sit below the saddle flap. As mine are usually near the top, the bar is above the bottom of the flap. I have it smooth side down (so they look the wrong way round), with the sleeve covering it, bit it's actually left noticeable nicks / damage in the leather. As it was an expensive saddle, I was utterly fuming :)

Add that to the fact the holes have never lined up (despite me buying them new), they're a nightmare to get stirrups on and off, and they haven't worn well, and I hate them. The ones with this type of buckle are far better, IMO: http://www.4dobbin.com/p-Dressage-Stirrup-Leathers-Jeffries.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=gmc

Faro

Visit site
Personally I love them! Nowadays I really notice the bulk of the double thickness leather if I ever ride in "normal" stirrup leathers. With Webbers, that bulk simply isn't there. I've never noticed any damage done to my saddles (got them on 3 different saddles/horses).

I am 5'10 1/2 and use the longest length ones, with them set to a middling hole.