Which Long Boots??

christian

RaThEr-bE-RiDiN0610.bebo.com
I've just got some money through for being 16 and i think a good investment would be a decent pair of leather long boots, because once ive got them they'll last as long as i look after them (so when i'm successful 3DayEventer I will still have them
wink.gif
wink.gif
(jk).... but I don't know where to start!

i've got £250, max £300, to spend on a pair Just to be used for a bit of everything... PC, HTs, ODE's and trailblazers and stuff..... soo.... whats hot and whats not?? what do you use??

if you could add piks of your suggestions that would be fab....

thanks in advance x

kerilli

Visit site
cavallo are very nice, as are sarm hippique. i've got a pair of each, love them both. do you want the ones which zip up the backs? look tighter at the ankle, more elegant, but unless you have skinny calves, the zips can start coming undone as you ride, as i've found out...
sorry, prob not much help! best of luck deciding!

K27

Visit site
I have a pair of DeNiro boots- had them for about a year- they are really nice soft italian leather with a shaped top and zips and detailing on them- I am really pleased with them and they only cost 200 pounds. They are comparable to the Sergio Grasso's but much cheaper- apparently made by the guy who used to work for them.

http://www.denirobootco.com/en/scheda.asp?COD=1

I've posted a link for the ones that I have - but mine are black and not the browny colour!!!! not sure about that colour but we all have different tastes I suppose!.
Got mine from a tradestand at a show and I'm sorry I Cant remember the name! If I remember I wil let you know- I think it was called Horsebox Saddlery based at Slinfold, West Sussex?...

I_A_P

Visit site
well i have some regali ricchi's have been great but bought them to grow into and i havent-they are too wide around the calf and ankle (altho look ok..but i can feel theres room!!) as well as being large in the foot(so i can wear thick socks) thing is my foot ended up rubbing against the zip causing them to split..now going to have to have both zips replaced and dont know if its at all worth it:s or i might see what else they can do!!

BeckyD

Visit site
Be warned - I did the same as you, bought nice long leather boots as a teenager and by the time I was 20 i couldn't get into them any more - my calves had turned from being skinny/normal to being XXX wide (and my clothes size hadn't increased - nor had my height, just my calves).

I have now replaced those normal width boots with a pair of Cavallo's with the zip up the back. They're fab, really skinny ankle and so comfy, not hard and stiff like most leather boots. I had to have them made to measure but I think off the peg they're about £315, BUT I know that Cavallo do some just as nice ones for around £180 or so (they may not have a zip). I can highly recommend the lady at On the Hoof as she was extremely nice and helpful.

miller

Visit site
I did the same as BeckyD

I love my Regalli Ricchi's and although have a wide fit I've never yet had a zip come down
confused.gif

I've also got some Dublin cheapy ones I use for everyday and had some Rectiligne's which were lovely until my calves got too big for them.

OH has Sergio's and he loves those (but he's really skinny)

I_A_P

Visit site
i think the thing is if they are too loose they are uncomfy and like me the zip breaks open around the heel as me heel rubs and pushes against it....then if they are too tight the strain makes the zip slip down from the top!

duckpond

Visit site
I bought my long boots when I was 19 and they are still fantastic, the best investment I have made. They are used all season eventing on numerous horses pre novice to advanced. Then during the winter they come out for indoor stuff. They are Davies made, he is based in Wales. They do not have zips and are still going strong ( they are 15 years old!) Couldn't recommend them enough!

samp

Visit site
I bought my long leather Cavallos when I was 16 years old, I had the other problem they are still in pristine condition however my calves have lost the puppy fat so I need to wear 2 thick socks of they slide off.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I also did the same as BeckyD and Miller! Be careful what you buy now as they may not fit. I bought a pair of £250 Petrie boots at 17 but they just stopped fitting right after about a year! Ive worn Ariat jod boots and gaiters since which are excellent because you just keep the boots and change the gaiters if your leg changes. Much cheaper way to do it until you're older and hopefully your leg remains the same!

Im looking at buying a pair of long ones again (at 24!) and am looking at the Ariat Bromont ones as they are meant to be insulated and waterproof, yet really nice soft leather and posh enough for comps. I think they're £175 on Derby House. But Im getting mine from the US as cheaper
wink.gif