Which online shops?

AmieeT

Visit site
Wondering what reliable websites people use to buy online?

I generally prefer to actually go to a shop, but my lock feed store has very limited stock other than feed/bedding, and although I LOVE Wadswick cake it’s just too out of the way for a quick browse.

I used to use Equestrian Clearance (before they were awful), and I do like Naylors - I’ve had excellent customer service from them.

I did use Derby House for the first time in years last month (took a chance on a good discounted rug- paid off! Was kept informed of the process and received exactly when they said I would)- are they generally better now or was I just lucky?

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Kramer, R&R country, Viovet and Eileen Douglas are a few that I use regularly, but generally speaking I just tend to search for what I want and then shop around for the best price.

Jo1987

Visit site
Derby house is the only brand of rug that fits my lad, he’s got 5 or 6 of their rugs and everything I’ve ordered has always arrived within a couple of days.

oldie48

Visit site
I google what I want to buy and then go for the best price with postage. Often the best deals on rugs are from places with limited sizes in stock so it pays to shop around. I've found Hope Valley very good and just ordered a rug from Raceview Equestrian which I've not used before. Perhaps I've been lucky but generally I've had excellent service at very good prices.

TGM

Visit site
For rugs, worth looking on the Maxima Equestrian website - good value rugs, all turnouts 1200 denier, free delivery on all orders and they send orders out speedily too.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I've had issues with Kramer recently, wouldn't use them again. I've always had good service from Hooks though. I like ruggles for rugs, and have found Derby House to be better these days than they used to be, Hope Valley are generally alright and Naylors are very reliable.

mandyroberts

Visit site
Hope Valley, Wychanger, Thomas Irving, Hyperdrug, Viovet - depends what I'm after
Also used Raceview Equestrian, don't have the range but sometimes have some great prices on Horseware rugs.When delivery was a bit slow I called and got through to a person easily - no problem, just waiting for stock

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I've had issues with Kramer recently, wouldn't use them again.

So far I've never had a problem with Kramer but it's an odd set up. They seem to be based in Devon but dispatching everything from Germany and they are advertising for an English speaking person to work at their HQ in Hockenheim so I'm guessing they are struggling a bit with the arrangement.

DirectorFury

Visit site
If it's something specific I'll google and shop around. If I'm just browsing then Horse Health, eBay, Ooteman, Hooks, etc. I've had incredible service from Old Mill Saddlery recently though so they're currently top of the 'good' pile :).

JFTDWS

Visit site
So far I've never had a problem with Kramer but it's an odd set up. They seem to be based in Devon but dispatching everything from Germany and they are advertising for an English speaking person to work at their HQ in Hockenheim so I'm guessing they are struggling a bit with the arrangement.

They ship by DHL, who use UKMail in the UK - UKMail are awful in my area, so I can't order from Kramer with any confidence. Kramer were also utterly rubbish in dealing with the issue, not answering phones or responding to emails and very slow to refund.

They're not based in Devon - they have a Devon office / number and contact address - which, I think, at least sometimes, re-directs to their offices in Germany.

JJS

Visit site
I frequently use Hope Valley Saddlery, Derby House, and Fast Tack Direct, and have never had a problem with any of them.

McFluff

Visit site
I can’t think of any that haven’t been great to be honest, especially since I started getting delivery to my work, as all the main couriers are based near there so much better than at home.
I’ve found horsehealth, Eileen Douglas, Hope Valley, Viovet, Naylors, just to name a few, all to be very good.

AFB

Visit site
Lévrier;13731560 said:
I always seem to end up buying from Eileen Douglas via eBay - simply because they always have what I want at the best price :)

I've found this recently too, bought a few bits from them