Which outdoor arena surface do you recommend for light use flatwork?

Passtheshampoo

Visit site
I'm currently at the stone level on my arena build. Need a, nembrane but can't decide which surface to choose. The arena will only have light use for flatwork. Possibly looking at a standalone fibre as have been told this is a cheaper option than sand as the build cost has been £££ to date 🙄 Would d love to hear from others as to which surfaces and companies you recommend plus which companies to steer well clear of.

teapot

Visit site
Sand and some form of fibre mix every single time, more so in case you suddenly want to do more on it!

Waxed surfaces can cause a few too many issues, and I believe research is beginning to come out with regards impact on horses and injuries too

Passtheshampoo

Visit site
Sand and some form of fibre mix every single time, more so in case you suddenly want to do more on it!

Waxed surfaces can cause a few too many issues, and I believe research is beginning to come out with regards impact on horses and injuries too
Thank you It will only ever be flatwork for me though I've got to a, certain age 🙄 and have far too many broken bits to ever want to jump agai sadly.

TheMule

Visit site
I have good silica sand and chopped carpet- it’s brilliant, other than it’s propensity to grow a lot of grass!
Sand is pretty essential IMO. And a fibre that isn’t too loose

Passtheshampoo

Visit site
I have good silica sand and chopped carpet- it’s brilliant, other than it’s propensity to grow a lot of grass!
Sand is pretty essential IMO. And a fibre that isn’t too loose
Thank you Can you renember the depths of each pls? Also which company did you use?