which respiratory supplement?

old_girl

Visit site

Hi all,

Now that winter is here and the horses are stuck indoors again, I have noticed that my girl often coughs a bit when I start riding. I guess due to lack of fresh and stables being dusty.

I was thinking I could get her a respiratory supplement to see if that helps at all. There's so much on the market though, I don't know what to go for.
Does anyone use one that they can recommend?

Thanks
smile.gif

pottamus

Visit site
I use Feedmarks Clarity product and have found it very useful in helping my horse. He hardly ever coughs and does not have terrible snotty problems after exercise. I have to say though that being out 24/7 has helped too!

palomino698

Visit site
I used to use Clarity but on my vet's advice I keep my boy on a maintenance dose of NAF Respirator and it has eliminated the need for Ventipulmin - he also has soaked hay and is bedded on Aubiose.

old_girl

Visit site

Thanks for that. Clarity seems quite expensive though, or is it just that everything seems that way at the moment??

Anyone got any other favourites?

palomino698

Visit site
Sorry I had a serious blonde moment there - the one the vet recommended (and stocks) is Winergy Ventilate and it's brilliant stuff, though I have also used NAF Respirator with success when his cough hasn't been too bad.