Which riding hat?

mrsk29

Visit site
Ok so I have some birthday money and I want to treat myself to a new hat, I have a small head so can fit into kids ones too :) not that it will make much difference, anyway I have a budget of £100 and want a hat that won't get bigger after only wearing it a few times (my last 2 hats got too big after only a couple of months use).. So which ones are best? I have a dressage hat which i use just for tests so the new one can be any style really.

111ex111

Visit site
I got a harry hall legend for my birthday :) love it! only about £60 as well and so many colours, I got the embossed/snake skin one and looks really smart. really light as well and soo comfy, first time I wore it gave me a head ache but now its moulded to my head its perfect :D

albeg

Visit site
Depends on the shape of your head!

When I was younger I had Charles Owen hats, but when I broke my second one and went looking for a skull cap, they didn't fit. I spent a day trawling shops (in a slight panic, as I couldn't find anything), and learned that Champion are the only ones that fit me well. Got a new Champion the other day, cost less than £100. :D

So I'd advise going somewhere that sells a range of them and see what fits best.

mrsk29

Visit site
Will have a look at those, I was going to try a few this weekend I just don't want to get one that will end up getting too big as my old ones have... :)

albeg

Visit site
Will have a look at those, I was going to try a few this weekend I just don't want to get one that will end up getting too big as my old ones have... :)

They stretch over time, so it will happen eventually. My hat that I replaced is the same size as my new one, the new one doesn't budge (I can face the top of my head to the floor with it unfastened, with my hands under it just in case, but it doesn't move), whereas at this stage the old one does, even though it didn't when I bought it.