Which Rug is Best Swish or Horseware

onemoretime

Visit site
I shall be buying my mare a new middleweight rug for next winter and just wanted to know your opinions on these 2 rugs. She needs something that comes up the neck as the current rug hangs on the points of her shoulders. Both of these appear to come well up the neck. I have the Horseware Hero no fill lightweight rug and love it and the fit is very good, now need a middleweight.

EmmaC78

Visit site
I prefer Horseware but only buy Rambo. I find the Amigo and Rhino pretty disappointing. The straps have come off both after not much wear and my horse is not particularly harsh on his rugs. The Rambo's do seems to last well though and look like new even after years of use.

onemoretime

Visit site
I prefer Horseware but only buy Rambo. I find the Amigo and Rhino pretty disappointing. The straps have come off both after not much wear and my horse is not particularly harsh on his rugs. The Rambo's do seems to last well though and look like new even after years of use.

The only problem I find with my 0g Horseware Hero is the fillet string cannot be removed and gets very dirty. I wish they would put a clip one end and a loop the other so that it can be removed and washed, its rather obvious really what will happen fixing them in this way.

teddy_

Visit site
I don't think you can go wrong with the Horseware Rhino range, if it works for your horse.

IME, these rugs don't loose their waterproof properties quickly and are not as ridiculously expensive as some Rambo rugs are.

I have a 250g Rhino Wug - it's robust, warm and worked on quite a few different shaped horses.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I shall be buying my mare a new middleweight rug for next winter and just wanted to know your opinions on these 2 rugs. She needs something that comes up the neck as the current rug hangs on the points of her shoulders. Both of these appear to come well up the neck. I have the Horseware Hero no fill lightweight rug and love it and the fit is very good, now need a middleweight.
Depends on the type of horse, I won't by any horseware rugs, as they are useless for my mare and gelding. much to tight in shoulder.

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
I love the older Rambo & Rhinos but very disappointed in the newer ones. I bought 2 of the expensive ones with layers & both within a year or so literally disintegrated - the inside of the outer just cracked & peeled away. Also the fit on my warmblood is not good so depends on the horse - it looked like a mini skirt on him! So Swish for me!

catembi

Visit site
I love my Swishes! I got one for my pony, then loved it so much that I got one for one of my horses and then got him a different one in a different weight. Can't wait to replace my Rhinegold fly rugs with theirs. Fab quality & not actually too expense.

Shooting Star

Visit site
The swish front buckles look really annoying. I like Rambo clips or Horseware velcro undoing buckles looks irritating?

Some of the swish rugs have clips too, I have one of their rugs with clips & one without. The buckled one is fine as there is double locking Velcro underneath that holds the sides together whilst you do the buckles up so they take no time at all to do.

Lady Jane

Visit site
The swish front buckles look really annoying. I like Rambo clips or Horseware velcro undoing buckles looks irritating?
I have Swish and Horseware. I prefer the front buckles as they give more flexibility on size. I have been a dedicated Horseware person but tried Swish and now have several (needed new rugs for new horse). I found my Horseware Rhino/Rambo lasted really well. I won't know for a while how lond Swish rugs last but so far the quality seems very good. Time will tell. At the moment I would buy Swish but it also depends which fit your horse best

Caol Ila

Visit site
I’ve used Swish for years on Gypsum and just bought Hermosa her very own. I found them more rugged and long lasting than cheaper ones, but without the eye watering prices of Rambo or Premier Equine.

New ones have a clip on the chest. Old ones had a far more faffy buckle.